Job Title: Children's Residential Support Worker
Location: Newton Solney, Burton Upon Trent, DE15 0TA
Salary: £18,333.12 - £20,442.24 p/a plus 35 days paid annual leave and benefits
Hours: Full Time, Permanent
This School in Burton upon Trent specialises in autism, speech and language disorders, moderate to severe learning difficulties and associated behavioural difficulties.
Through their work they also have also developed skills in achieving significant progress and successful outcomes for children and young people with Prader Willi Syndrome.
To provide support for children and young adults in all aspects of care, education and
Health. To safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young adults at all times.
- To ensure that a young person's entitlement to a high standard of welfare and safety is met by meeting the requirements of the Children Act 1989, Regulations 2015, Quality Standards and any further/ up-dated legislation deemed appropriate by SENAD
- To ensure that a young person's entitlement to a high standard of teaching and learning and communication is achieved in association with teachers and therapists
- To ensure that a young person's entitlement to a high standard of care
- Learning independence and communication is achieved in association with the individual's Interdisciplinary team
- To ensure that young people's entitlement to self advocacy and safety are met through adopting their preferred communication styles and using proactive approaches to their communication needs
- English and Maths BTEC Level 2/GCSE/equivalent
- Willingness to undertake accredited courses and mandatory training within the time set
- Knowledge of the role and an understanding of its rewards and challenges
- Ability to work as a team member
- Able to use own initiative
- Able to work in challenging circumstances
- No history of misconduct associated with working with children, young adults or other vulnerable groups
- Ability to work unsocial hours
- Tolerance and patience
- Excellent value base
- Flexible approach to work tasks
- Resilient and able to work with challenging behaviours
- Smart appearance
- A natural respect of the individuality and dignity of those in their care
- An ability to engage with and enthuse children and young adults
- Show commitment to equality of opportunity at all times and have due respect for the diverse make up of colleagues and those in their care
They welcome applications from people who don't see this as just a job but a real chance to make a difference in the lives of the young people they support. If you're passionate about a career in care then come and join the team!
- Good Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid induction and training time
- Paid sick pay (after qualifying period)
- Good internal progression opportunities
- 35 days paid annual leave
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button to send your CV and cover letter in for this job.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Mentoring Support Worker, Youth Development Worker, Youth Support Worker, Youth Mentor, Counsellor, Youth Training & Development Worker, Youth Community Worker, Youth Support, Young Person's Mentor, Social Worker, Support Worker, Enabler, Carer, Care Management, Care Support Worker, Support Coordinator, Care Manager, Support Manager, Care Coordinator, Social Worker, Guidance Councillor, Young Persons Advisor, Youth Worker, Youth Support, Housing Advisor, Vulnerable Adult, Support Assistant, Adult Support Worker, Special Needs Support, Adult Care Assistant, Mental Health Support, Support, Residential Care Worker, Care Assistant, Recovery Social Worker, Recovery Support Worker, Care Worker, Senior Support Assistant, Care Helper, Healthcare Assistant, Residential Care Support and Social Care will also be considered for this role.
- Support Worker
- Social Worker
- Youth Support
- Youth Support Worker
- Youth Mentor
- Youth Development Worker
- Youth Training & Development Worker
- Youth Community Worker
- Mentoring Support Worker
- Young Person's Mentor
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'