Job Title: Children's Support Worker
Location: Caldwell, Derbyshire, DE12 6RS
Salary: £17,842.50 - £20,280.00 p/a plus 35 days paid annual leave and benefits
Hours: Full Time, Permanent
This School in Derbyshire is an independent specialist day and residential school for young people aged 8 to 19 years with severe learning disabilities, autism and associated challenging behaviour.
Students have personalised and individualized programmes, designed by a multi-disciplinary team of professionals to support the young person to make progress, develop skills and engage socially with others.
As a Children's Residential Support Worker you will support the young people within the classroom and home environment as well as planning and taking part in a range of activities to suit the interests of the young person in your care. This role also involves supporting with personal care and hygiene including toileting, bathing and showering.
- To provide support for students in all aspects of care, education health and well being
- To enable students to make progress against agreed targets
- To safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young adults at all times
- To support the young person in areas of personal hygiene
- To allow young people time to be independent; and develop independence by allowing them time to complete actions at their own pace
- To ensure that the young person's care plan and placement plan is up to date. To read, understand and fully implement the care plan
- To advocate on behalf of young people so that their behaviours are put in the context of their learning and communication difficulties
- To balance at all times the young person's actual age with their ability age
- To participate in working rotas as required and to undertake sleep in duties
- To drive company vehicles as long as the required criteria is met
- To undertake other duties as reasonably expected of a support worker
- All staff who have successfully completed their probationary period are expected to undertake Keyworker duties when requested to
- Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or the ability to achieve it within 2 years of taking up the post
- Some knowledge of safeguarding and child protection procedures
- Understanding of issues facing young people with learning disabilities including challenging behaviours
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently, use own initiative, self motivated
- To be fit and able to undertake all physical aspects of the role e.g playing sports and taking part in physical interventions
- No history of misconduct associated with working with children, young adults or other vulnerable groups
- Commitment to the wellbeing of the young people
- Commitment to continuous professional development
- Show commitment and energy
- Positive and proactive approach to training and supervision
- Flexible, approachable and responsive to change
- Smart appearance
- A natural respect of the individuality and dignity of those in their care
- Show commitment to equality of opportunity at all times and have due respect for the diverse make up of colleagues and those in their care
- Excellent value base
They welcome applications from people who don't see this as just a job but a real chance to make a difference in the lives of the young people they support. If you're passionate about a career in care then come and join the team!
- Good Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Paid induction and training time
- Paid sick pay (after qualifying period)
- Good internal progression opportunities
- 35 days paid annual leave
To apply for this role please click the APPLY button to send your CV and cover letter in for this job.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Mentoring Support Worker, Youth Development Worker, Youth Support Worker, Youth Mentor, Counsellor, Youth Training & Development Worker, Youth Community Worker, Youth Support, Young Person's Mentor, Social Worker, Support Worker, Enabler, Carer, Care Management, Care Support Worker, Support Coordinator, Care Manager, Support Manager, Care Coordinator, Social Worker, Guidance Councillor, Young Persons Advisor, Youth Worker, Youth Support, Housing Advisor, Vulnerable Adult, Support Assistant, Adult Support Worker, Special Needs Support, Adult Care Assistant, Mental Health Support, Support, Residential Care Worker, Care Assistant, Recovery Social Worker, Recovery Support Worker, Care Worker, Senior Support Assistant, Care Helper, Healthcare Assistant, Residential Care Support and Social Care will also be considered for this role.
- Support Worker
- Social Worker
- Youth Support
- Youth Support Worker
- Youth Mentor
- Youth Development Worker
- Youth Training & Development Worker
- Youth Community Worker
- Mentoring Support Worker
- Young Person's Mentor
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'