Location: Worthing, Sussex
Rate of pay: £8.90 per hour
Full time 37.5 hours per week including a sleep in of 9 hours 10pm - 7am paid at £76.23 per night.
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding role which offers plenty of work/life balance? Are you considering a career in mental health care and want to make a real difference to a persons life.
Aspirations are looking for a new team member who is passionate about supporting individuals within the community to enjoy a fulfilling and independent life.
As a Support Worker, you will be working as part of a team providing support for individuals with enduring mental health issues within a residential setting to prepare them for independent living and working.
On a typical day you will be;
- Support clients with personal care needs when required.
- Assist with shopping, cleaning, preparation of meals and laundry.
- Help with budgeting monies and paying utility bills.
- Accompany users to participate in hobbies like getting fit at the gym, trips out to the cinema or going on holiday.
- Help our people to live an independent life within their own home and the local community.
- Ensure the user attends appointments.
- Administer medication as required.
- Completing daily paperwork
- Offer companionship and emotional support.
- Ensure safeguarding responsibilities are met and to protect the Adults rights to live safely and free from abuse or neglect.
Skills and experience required for a support worker:
- Whilst previous experience in the care sector is ideal, you may have also had exposure to the skills and knowledge that we are looking for through caring for loved one’s or through voluntary work.
- An interest in mental health care.
- Passionate about care and want to make a difference.
- Having a positive outlook and maintaining a good sense of humour in sometimes challenging circumstances
The Package for a support worker includes;
- Full and comprehensive training programme, including the Care Certificate
- Commitment to ongoing learning and development
- Opportunities to take NVQ Level 2 and 3
- 28 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Employee recognition schemes
- Optional overtime
- Opportunities for career progression
- Employee Assistance Programme available 24/7
- Refer a Friend Scheme
- Flexible shift work
Aspirations Care have been supporting adults with learning disabilities, mental health issues and Autism to have a lifestyle that matters to them since 2004. Our aim is to support and encourage individuals to achieve their full potential, no matter how challenging.
At Aspirations we value all colleagues, regardless of age. We are proud to offer pay over the statutory minimum set for young workers and have no set retirement age.
Apply today and start your career by sending your CV through Reed
Aspirations is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications fromsuitability qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the vulnerable adults that we support and expects all staff to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and a satisfactory Enhanced DBS Disclosure
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £8.90 per hour
- Independent Living
- Learning Disabilities
- Mental Health Care
- Support Workers
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'