Support Worker - BSL Speaking
Dimensions is proud to be one of very few social care organisations that are members of the Great Places To Work programme 2019, 2020 & 2021.
Are you experienced in British Sign Language and interested in supporting adults with learning disabilities? Join our innovative team based in Peacehaven where you can lead by example, enjoying an excellent training programme, strong career progression - and deliver outstanding support through the unique ‘Activate’ model, proven to make a measurable difference to people’s lives and your professional satisfaction.
Dimensions are supporting a lovely gentleman in his own house in Peacehaven who is deaf and autistic. We are looking for fluent BSL speakers to join his team of support workers, offering 24 hour care on a rotational basis. Shifts will include earlies, lates, mids, nights, alternate weekends and bank holidays so a flexible approach to working hours is key.
The gentlemen we are supporting loves writing letters, visiting friends and family, going on day trips to museums or the to the beach and going on holiday. He loves travel, especially planes, and his support workers enjoy taking him on holidays. He loves to swim so the team often go swimming with him and he has a brilliant sense of humour. He has autism so can exhibit challenging behaviours so it is key that our support workers are able to communicate with him in BSL. He does have a mobility car so it's desirable that candidates hold a full UK drivers licence (though not essential).
If you would like to arrange an interview in BSL please text Ailish on .
Please see the full job description attached for more information about the role.
For a full list of rewards, visit our careers page at careers
If you have any questions and would like to discuss the role in more detail please call Ailish on .
- An enhanced DBS disclosure will be required for this role, the cost of which will be incurred by Dimensions.
- We welcome applications from everyone and value diversity in our workforce
- As Disability Confident Leaders , we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy - Dimensions has been awarded this symbol by Jobcentre Plus to recognise our commitment towards the employment, retention, training and career development of disabled employees
- As part of our commitment to making reasonable adjustments we can offer support to complete your application. Please contact the Resourcing Consultant Team on
- We now have British Sign Language (BSL) translated videos for all of our recruitment communications.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'