ISCA Healthcare is looking for an exceptional support worker to join a fantastic team in a beautiful location, who provides care and support for those with, autism, complex, physical needs, learning disabilities and mental health. This is a great opportunity for asupport worker who is passionate about delivering an excellent standard of care and support, to work in a homely, family run environment. The company always seeks to get the best from their support worker and encourage staff to progress within the company. Experience is preferred but not essential as excellent training packages are provided for successful candidates.
- support worker will assist and support service users with daily living tasks as set out in their care plan.
- helping with personal hygiene, food preparation, cooking, laundry and housework.
- create and maintain good supportive relationships with clients and staff.
- help in the promotion of mental and physical activity of the clients through talking with them, taking them out and sharing activities, hobbies and recreations.
- assist with management of financial accounts including budgeting.
- support worker must meet the emotional needs of the service user and ensure they are aware of how to make a complaint.
- insure the safety of the service users.
- assist a competent senior support worker with medication as directed by the service user plan.
- record clear concise details of the shift in the daily logbook.
- support worker must able to support people practically in their day to day lives by supporting them to access their community.
- able to meet physical demands and personal care needs of the role.
- ability to communicate effectively, understanding and being understood.
- good literacy and numeracy skills.
- support worker will have the ability to work with a multidisciplinary team.
- able to report on service users condition in a clear concise manner.
- able to use your own initiative and work with minimal supervision.
- not afraid to ask for help.
- have a desire to learn and improve your skills continuously throughout your career.
- ability to ask for help from senior staff when needed.
- basic hygiene.
- good general education.
Knowledge & Understanding
- understand the need for confidentiality and privacy.
- understand the need to treat service users equally, respecting dignity and rights.
- knows how to respect service users right to have their religious & cultural beliefs supported.
- understand the service users right to have their wishes respected and be treated as an individual.
- knows how to read and follow a care plan and risk assessment.
- support worker will have NVQ Level 2 but not essential
- an understanding of the issues people with a disability may face.
- moving and handling certificate
- mandatory training certificates
- able to use a computer
- experience with learning disabilities
- experience in a care environment
- positive behaviour support training or breakaway training
- flexible and negotiable shift pattern to suit your lifestyle
- support worker will receive a pay review after 6 months
- lunch is provided
- excellent training courses to develop skills throughout
- free DBS check
- free parking
- mixture of sites and environments
- continued support and development
- currently expanding and offering excellent career progression opportunities
- Communication Skills
- Learning Disabilities
- Mental Health
- Personal Care
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job