Health & Ed Recruitment is a specialist recruitment agency with both temporary and permanent positions.
Health & Ed are looking for a Support Workers to work within a Semi-Independent Unit based in and around South East London.
The right candidate should be able to encourage young people to develop their skills, participate in their interest and social opportunities within a safe and structured environment.
Applicants should have positive role model attributes, as well as;
- The ability to work as a team, as well as using your own initiative.
- The confidence and the ability to react calmly in stressful difficult situations.
- You must be competent, proactive and self-motivated; with the willingness to make a difference.
- With the ability to be flexible, approachable and accessible.
Suitable candidates will have experience and/or knowledge in;
- Supporting vulnerable Young People
- Understanding how to deal with challenging behaviour (i.e. EBD)
- Understanding substance use/abuse
- Writing reports, logs and chronologies
QCF Level 3 Children and Young People’s Workforce or equivalent
An enhanced DBS Certificate, registered with DBS Update Service
Minimum one years’ experience working with Young People 11 - 18 years within a Residential Children’s Home.
This post involves shift work Monday- Sunday and may include sleep-ins and waking nights.
Health and Ed Recruitment operates as an Employment Agency in providing temporary job seeking services and as an Employment Business providing permanent, contracted and bank services.
- Residential Homes
- Young People
- Difficult Situations
- Support Workers