Job Purpose: I am a laid back, easy going young man with complex needs and your role will be to care for me at home.
Location: Fakenham, NR21
Details: Your role will be to assist me with my everyday care needs and keep me safe. I am a wheelchair user and require hoisting for transfers. Your tasks will involve showering and dressing, administering medication and setting up my peg feeds. Occasionally during the day I may need my pads changed. You will need to keep me safe and may have to administer Buccal midazolam when I have a seizure. During the day, I like to watch telly, be chatted to and engage with my sensory toys.
NB - This job involves working with young people or children
Listed below are the skills, competencies and qualities that are essential and desirable for the post. My assessment of these, both on application and at interview, will be the main factor in determining if you are successful. Please refer to these when submitting your application.
- calm in emergency situations
- good communicator
- physically able to use my equipment and manage moving and handling
- Flexible with working hours
- knowledge of seizures and peg feeding
- Experience in a similar role
Summary terms and conditions
- The rate of pay for this position is £9.50 per hour.
- You will be reimbursed for any agreed expenses incurred as part of the role.
- Hours and times of work: either on a Saturday or Sunday, for 4 hours, approx. 12- 4pm. Job share welcome if you’d prefer to work alternate weeks. Some flexibility with working hours is required.
- The annual holiday entitlement for this position will be equivalent to the work I would normally expect to be done during 5.6 consecutive weeks.
The post is subject to the following:
- A satisfactory enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check, the cost of which will be covered by the employer.
- Satisfactory references from two referees, one of which must be your current or last employer.
- Completion of a satisfactory probationary period of 3 months.
- Health Care
- Personal Care
- Social Care