Support Specialist (1st, 2nd & 3rd Line) - Slough - 6 Month Rolling Contract - £25 Per Hour
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a global client of mine based in Slough, who are currently looking to recruit a Support Specialist to join an existing team of 6 to provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd line technical support to users and assist users/departments in implementing user requests and delivering results. The ideal candidate will use advanced knowledge of computer hardware to implement IT technical solutions and resolve problems of a comprehensive nature.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd Level support for ICT computers, Servers and Network Infrastructure.
- Support/Install/Test new and existing desktop hardware, provide support to all users in regard to all End user devices/computers and telephony.
- Ensure controls are adhered to for the Network (standard builds, security etc.).
- Monitor local applications and central applications as instructed and to schedule.
- Maintain all support documentation.
- Log details of calls/contacts and monitor contacts into the appropriate call logging system.
- Co-ordinate and manage all aspects of installations and de-installations.
- Provide remote assistance to staff and external suppliers and partners/customers.
- Identify staff training requirements.
- Action all Operational Change Control Requests via the auditable systems when required.
- Provide basic control and management within the confines of a Microsoft Windows server and Microsoft SQL Server environments.
- Ensure a quality service delivered out of the operations area in conjunction with managers.
- Maintain any company knowledge base.
- Operate any ICT Operational procedures in support of ICT Start and End of day computer batch operations.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
- An Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows (from XP to Windows 7)
- An Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office (from Office 2010)
- Server Support
- SAN Storage
- Excellent interpersonal skills
This really is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to join an exceptional company on a long-term rolling contract, with opportunities for professional development. For more information and a full job description, please contact Ben Turner at RBW Consulting.
- 2nd Line
- 3rd Line Support
- 1st Line
- Support Specialist
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'