We are looking for a Domestic Abuse Support Officer to join our dynamic team on a 12 month FTC basis. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced support worker who enjoys a varied role. You'll deliver a high quality professional service to survivors of domestic violence living in our refuges and to those who access our community outreach service.
Your role will involve providing invaluable practice and support to women and their children such as advocacy, support and guidance around welfare, housing and legal entitlements as well as supporting women to move to safe and permanent accommodation.
What you'll be doing
- Ensure customers receive a high quality support service, working with them to achieve their identified support targets
- Conduct assessments of risk and need. Develop management plans that raise awareness, promote safety and reduce risk.
- Act as a key worker for individual customers advocating on their behalf; work closely with other agencies to ensure customers are able to access a full range of services (including statutory and voluntary agencies).
- Work with customers to develop SMART support plans, implementing, monitoring and reviewing these within agreed timescales.
- Support customers to develop skills to successfully live independently.
- To deliver an effective and efficient housing management service to customers:
- Ensure health and safety and compliance policies and procedures are firmly adhered to.
- Have an excellent approach to customer service - both in writing, in person and on the telephone. Demonstrate a sincere commitment to exceed customer expectations.
Centra is committed to quality, equality and diversity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Due to occupational requirements this role is open to female applicants only and does not contravene The Equality Act 2010 under Schedule 9, Work: Exceptions, Part 1 Occupational Requirements.
Closing date: Monday 23rd April at midday
Applicants must be able to travel across regions as required.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check Clearance.
Centra provides a range of support services including telecare and home care to around 100,000 customers.
Centra is part of Clarion Housing Group, which also comprises the country's largest housing association, a property development company, a charitable foundation and a repairs and maintenance service.
Clarion Housing Group is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- support officer worker housing association sheltered housing scheme domestic abuse