Support Living Worker
We are passionate about the opportunity to be representing a fantastic charity, dedicated to helping adults with learning disabilities & challenging behaviours.
We are dedicated to finding the right candidate for this role due to the specific and different needs of each service user in the charity.
We are looking for suitable candidates to work a temporary to permanent contract over 3 months then if successful, you will be taken on by the client permanently.
You will be working in a supported living environment where the service users live permanently. Working hours are agreed as per the manager but as the service provides 24/7, you need to be able to work shifts, which include weekends, some nights and bank holidays.
You will also be required to accompany the service users on holidays, training courses and other activities.
What's on offer?
- Generous salary
- Good annual leave entitlement of 28 days including bank holidays
- Flexible working hours
- Extra training and help towards qualifications
Below is a summary of the main responsibilities expected of the Supported Living Worker:
- Support people with learning disabilities to the highest standard and in line with their support plan and cultural needs
- Support people to manage their own home, including supporting individuals with maintaining their tenancies
- Support people with personal care if required
- Support and encourage people to make choices and life decisions in line with the Mental Capacity Act Requirements.
Support people with finances where necessary and in line with the company's guidelines.
- Experience of working with individuals with a learning disability, autism or those with mental health in either a residential or supported living setting
- A driving license is desirable but not essential
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply for the role and I will contact you with more information and the application process.
Connect2Staff is wholly owned by Kent County Council which means we can offer you unrivalled access to work in KCC homes, we are financially stable to ensure we pay you on time and we are of course an ethical business that invests in our workforce.
In addition to our links with Kent, we can also provide available work with over 40 of the South East's leading care providers. Our commitment to you is we will work proactively and tirelessly to market you until we find you that perfect role.
Employment is subject to satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure and suitable referencesCommercial Services Kent/Trading Ltd is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job