Digital Wholesale Solutions was established in 2001 and now serves over 2,200 partners in the UK and worldwide. As a 100% Channel-focused business, we help our partners navigate the convergence of IT, telecoms and cloud with a constantly-evolving portfolio offering connectivity, mobile, unified communications and more.
Join us at DWS to appreciate the contribution of every single employee to our success. Whatever our employees do - from sales and marketing to engineering and customer service - their dedication is helping thousands of UK businesses realise their digital potential. In order to reach our target, we make sure that every person has the opportunity to create a long and successful career at DWS.
If you’re an enthusiastic, driven and passionate individual looking to make a difference, you could be just the type of person we are looking for.
What will you be doing as our IP Voice Support Engineer?
You will provide technical support for customers and installation engineers with technical issues on Hosted VoIP, dealing with ADSL, Ethernet, FTTC, Switches, Routers etc.
The role will also require the ability to fault find on customer networks and assist in other areas of VoIP communications.
- Provisioning new site install on our Hosted VoIP solution.
- Technical support for installation engineers, customers and resellers.
- Technical validation feedback to project teams on new installations.
- Liaising with customers, therefore requiring excellent customer communication skills.
- To be able to liaise with internal support desks and our NOC (Network Operations Centre) to provide solutions to rectify problematic faults.
- Resolving customer problems, both directly from customers and through technical escalation.
- Implementing fixes and solutions where appropriate, either via discussing directly with the customer, via email, via remote access of onsite.
- Develop a good working relationship with internal office staff and field-based engineers.
- Assist other technical staff and engineers involved in projects and to work with management in the assignment of technical tasks where required.
- Provide full customer training on the installed product.
- Provide clear and concise documentation of completed allocated work.
- Work closely with the administration team to ensure accurate recording of all engineering activities.
- Work closely with other engineers to continually pursue self-development through in-house training and to also assist in the development and training of other engineers.
- Be committed to working as part of an effective team within the configuration department.
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
- Periodically review DWS - centrally hosted on the Intranet - to ensure full compliance with current legal, regulatory and company requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience:
- Good knowledge of IT networking (full training on our telephony platform will be provided)
- An ability to demonstrate excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills; be an effective communicator across all levels of the organisation
- To have exceptional analytical and negotiating skills
- Must be able to work on own initiative and also as part of a team with limited guidance
- Experience of existing IP telephony products is preferable (Broadsoft, Asterix, Mitel etc.)
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'