Come join a growing, dynamic and innovative team that has established itself as a market leader in live customer engagement solutions. The company provides real-time customer engagement software to help large and small companies improve their customer acquisition, customer satisfaction and overall customer experience for clients like; KBC, Samsung, Mattress Firm, Time Warner Cable, Vodafone, Jaguar Land Rover, and Ford Motor Company. With a combination of adaptive software, great people and proven implementation methodology, the company partners with its clients to build global capabilities that integrate workflows and web and mobile collaborations across the customer lifecycle.
The Company are looking for an enthusiastic and talented support engineer to join our strong global engineering team. Our solution provides real time communication services to a marquee list of customers across the world and helps them improve satisfaction and better conversion by providing quick help in purchase decisions using expert help.
Engineers work in small teams and influence the direction of products. In this role, you will focus on supporting their customer base to be successful. You will be challenged to work across a variety of customer issues and needs. The successful candidate will have software development and programming skills to be able to quickly analyse root cause of an issue and in collaboration with the engineering team, provide fixes or work arounds that will meet client needs. This will require working closely with external and internal stakeholders in an organized fashion. You will be working with the overall engineering team in an agile fashion on a day-to-day basis. Strong technical skills, problem solving skills, proactivity, tenacity and organization skills will help you succeed in this role.
- Proactively assist customers with technical issues that may arise with their solution implementation. Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis. Identify and provide timely workarounds, fixes and solutions when possible, to meet customer’s business needs.
- Reproduce in house when possible, file engineering tickets, create fixes independently for simple issue or in collaboration with experienced engineers on more complex issues, work as the customer advocate to prioritize and get resolutions in a timely fashion.
- Analyse code and participate in engineering processes to develop and deploy defect fixes as service packs/hotfixes.
- Assist through release cycles in testing new features, enhancements and defect fixes in Client specific acceptance environments.
- Participate as key technical lead in weekly support meetings with key clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related major
- 2+ years of relevant experience doing support and/or testing for a software development company. SaaS software experience is a plus.
- 3+ years of software development experience in the Microsoft .NET full-stack for website development:
- C#, .NET, Visual Studio, SQL Server
- Understanding of differences between different browsers and operating systems
- Knowledge in the following technical areas would be a strong plus:
- Audio-video technologies (Flash, WebRTC etc.)
- Azure cloud experience
- Device Manager, Network settings, Event logs, Host files
- DXDiag and System Information analysis
- Experience with Audio and video setting, CPU and memory analysis
- Software installation including ClickOnce and MSI technology
- USB devices, including headsets and cameras
- Experience with iOS and Android based operating systems/browsers (from support/testing perspective)
- Phone and tablet configuration and settings
- Installing, configuring, and testing with native and third-party browsers, and applications
- Knowledge of support systems such as Zendesk
- Experience with remote support tools like Teamviewer and RDC
- Understanding of and experience with test/behaviour-driven functional and regression testing (to help with testing in client’s acceptance env)
- Knowledge of and experience of working on projects with JIRA and Confluence
- Customer Engagement
- Global Engineering
- Implementation Methodology
- Support Systems
- Solution Implementation