Support Engineer / Technical Support (Electrical Engineering)
Established for over 40 years, employing over 60 staff in the UK Leamington Spa headquarters, Geotech were acquired in 2016 by US-based QED Environmental Systems forming part of parent company Graco Inc’s environmental business division. The Graco group of companies has revenues of $1.5BN and 3,600 staff worldwide. Geotech are global leaders in the design and manufacture of gas analysis technology.
Position: Technical Support Engineer
Location: Leamington Spa and Coventry (from July 2018)
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £25k to 30k per annum
About the role:
The Technical Support Engineer will offer technical support and advice on the operation of our gas analysers, you will trouble shoot possible issues and fixes until any customer problems are resolved.
- Be the first point of contact for all technical enquires across all communication mediums
- Troubleshoot and diagnose customer issues
- Meet KPIs and SLAs for first response and full resolution of technical support enquires
- Log support enquires using appropriate IT systems (Freshdesk / Salesforce / Q-Pulse / Service Manager)
- Support sales teams with analysis of customer specifications to ensure the right product and solution is offered
- Support training and on-boarding of new starters into the sales team
- Carry out planned training sessions with customers and distributors to support operation of products
- Support product training with our distributors
- Carry out installation, commissioning and / or support visits as requested
- Carry out cost-appropriate trouble shooting visits where remote diagnosis of issues has been unsuccessful
- Work with Marketing on translation of technical information and data into customer friendly FAQs, datasheets, product literature, presentations etc.
- Utilise VoC data to pro-actively identify opportunities to reduce technical inbound enquiries, improve quality, reduce costs and improve customer satisfaction
- Experience dealing with customers over the phone essential
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with excellent communication skills
- Good IT skills (outlook, word, excel)
- Electronics / manufacturing qualification or work background ideal
- Previous experience working with 123 ERP system an advantage
You may have experience of the following: Technical Support Engineer, Technical Support, Help Desk, Service Desk, Technical Support Analyst, Engineering Support, Engineering Support Administrator, Support Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.