We are a growing global leader in providing shared Network Attached Storage solutions to some of the world's biggest names in broadcast and media. Our systems are developed and manufactured at our head office in Berkshire, from where we also provide remote support for our global resellers and customers.
We are looking for a Second Line support engineer with Linux server administration experience, someone who is passionate about interacting with customers and troubleshooting complex technical solutions. One of our biggest clients is a Japanese firm and for this reason we require a Japanese speaker for the role.
In the role you will work directly with resellers, customers and partners, remotely connecting to their on-premise servers to solve any problems they may be experiencing with our CoreOS HTTP/Python application or underlying Linux server. Using your exceptional troubleshooting, ticket management, soft skills and attention to detail to develop a strong relationship with technical counterparts within our customer organisations. Whilst also working closely with our in-house developers to report and provide solutions to application bugs and customer enhancement requests. As the company continues to grow the support team will become responsible for fulfilling the company's system administration and internal IT support requirements.
- Providing worldwide remote support for both our CoreOS HTTP/Python application and Linux based high-throughput Network Attached Storage server products, via tickets, email and telephone.
- Connecting remotely to client workstations running Windows or OSX to then connect to our server product via SSH and HTTP.
- Diagnosing and resolving networking and file sharing issues between client workstations and our server products, including managed switches. As well as recommending configurations to maximise network TCP/IP performance with 1 to 100 GbE links.
- Testing, replicating, and resolving customer's issues using similar hardware and software within our office.
- Working closely with our developers to investigate, report and resolve issues with our python/HTTP based application.
- Manage the testing of hardware warranty repairs and RMA's.
- Testing future software releases of our products and reporting bugs back to the development team.
- The occasional on-site installation of systems at a customer's premise.
- Assisting our sales dept. with pre-sales recommendations and visits to potential customers.
- The role involves shift work covering the hours of 0600 to 2200 Monday to Friday.
Eventually you will also take part in the out of hours support rota, covering a limited number of 24/7 supported customers.
- Technical aptitude and willingness to learn from both the team and from your own initiative.
- Analytical nature with the ability to solve complex issues using a systematic approach.
- A driven self-starter, able to work independently
- Must be able to manage multiple tickets, emails, phone calls and have the ability to triage them to ensure the company SLA's are met.
- Outstanding verbal, written and conversational skills with the ability to build effective customer relationships.
- Willingness to actively contribute to and maintain the department wiki.
- Excellent ticket management and support soft skills.
- A working knowledge of administering servers via the Linux command line (eg Ubuntu/Gentoo)
- Great troubleshooting, investigation and analysis skills
- Ability to resolve customer issues using your own initiative and as a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience working directly with both technically adept and non-technical resellers and end users.
- Ability for concise yet detailed ticket notes recording customer conversations and the work carried out on their servers.
- Experience troubleshooting enterprise grade server hardware components, i.e. motherboard/processor, RAID controllers, networking adaptors, disks (spinning and SSDPO13 8GY) and the POST/boot process.
- Experience supporting HTTP and python applications.
- 1 year or more working in IT as a Linux SysAdmin, desktop or Application support engineer.
- Knowledgeable with file sharing protocols such as SMB, NFS, and AFP (Netatalk).
- Knowledge of popular NLE software including Apple Final Cut 7 & X, Adobe Premiere, Avid Media Composer, Davinci Resolve.
GCS Computer Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- 2nd line
- Systems Admin
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'