Support Engineer DevOps
New opportunity not to be missed! CDL has an exciting opportunity for a Support Engineer (DevOps) to join the team based in Stockport. You will be on a full time, permanent contract with a competitive salary.
CDL is one of the UK’s leading insurance software houses, employing over 600 people at its campus in Stockport. It has a strong track record in the high volume retail insurance sector, with clients including Ageas Retail, Swinton Insurance, Tesco Bank, iGO4 and John Lewis, to name a few. CDL has spearheaded developments in the aggregator, web and telematics space, including connected home, enrichment and self-service solutions. As a result, the company’s robust and innovative technologies have enabled its customers to thrive in the highly competitive UK insurance marketplace.
There is also a subsidised restaurant and a games room. We have built a collaborative and creative culture where we employ agile techniques to deliver our pace-setting applications. We like to work in small, focused groups so you are always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with.
The Role as our Support Engineer (DevOps)
Are you driven by technology? Do you enjoy using technology to deliver innovative solutions? If so then this role is for you. Working as a support engineer you will be responsible for building, configuring, supporting and enhancing our solutions from development through to production. As we grow, automation is key so we are looking for individuals who can make things happen. Whilst the skills are important, the ‘right person’ is just as, if not more important. We’d be happy with some of the above, a year or two of experience and a strong desire to learn.
You’ll join our project team, who are currently involved in a range of projects, from upgrading/standardising 150+ environments to development, to providing ongoing support of live services, other responsibilities include:
- Migrating current infrastructure to AWS
- Re-designing processes focusing on automation
- Writing infrastructure as code
- Maintaining major strategic clients
- Embracing DevOps, Continuous delivery & Continuous Integration
- Looking after over 1 million quotes a day across all clients
- Supporting developers, testers and support
You’ll also be involved in various cloud initiatives, from client services in the cloud, through to supporting the ‘self-host’ AWS solution. It doesn't stop there, you’ll work with Elastic Stack, we’re running the latest version and looking to make use of Machine learning and Metrics beats. This is a challenging role perfect for a support or Devops engineer with few years of experience. We would be happy to put you through your Linux, Puppet, certifications to ensure your skill sets evolve with our technologies. If this sound like and you have the desire to learn, then we would love to hear from you.
Requirements and Experience needed to become our Support Engineer (DevOps)
- Demonstrable experience in an Support role, preferably in an DevOps environment
- Experience of supporting scalable, resilient Amazon cloud-based infrastructure, using an Infrastructure as Code approach
- Experience of using automation tools such as Puppet, Terraform, Vagrant, Packer etc…
- Scripting in Python, Ruby, Bash
- Awareness of Monitoring tools such as Grafana
- Using version control systems such as Gerrit, Git
Benefits of becoming our Support Engineer (DevOps)
- Opportunities for career progression
- Award nominated learning programmes
- Flexible hours
- 25 days holiday to start
- Life and health assurance
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Subsidised restaurant
- Social activities
- Dress down policy
- Tax free child care vouchers
- Community projects
If you feel you have the skills and experience required and are looking to for a new challenge then click ‘apply’ today to become our Support Engineer (DevOps)! We’d love to hear from you!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job