Support Driver - South East £23,000 - £23,000 / Company Vehicle, 25 Days Holiday / Pension / Bonus / Overtime
This is your opportunity to join a market leading multi utility connections business working on numerous residential and commercial projects connecting them with Gas, Water and Electricity.
The company enjoys turnover in excess of £1.5bn and grew it's UK operations by a further 150 staff in 2016 / 2017.
The company is one of the biggest of it's type in the UK and is part of a larger engineering group. They typically connect new housing estates and small onshore renewable energy farms with essential utilities, designing and building the infrastructure to support this. This typically includes cable and pipe work, substations and associated LV and HV equipment.
As a Support Driver in the South East, you will support our Multi Utility Teams by delivering equipment and plant to site when required.
The Support Driver will step in as a third member of the team when required. They will also be responsible for accepting deliveries of plant and stock when required.
The role will mostly include manual handling tasks , Driving ( need to be able to operate winch.) Also need to be able to assist with cable laying / on site work as and when deemed necessary.
- The delivery of plant & materials to multi utility teams
- Ensure vehicles, plant and equipment remain in good condition, and report any defects
- Attend "toolbox talks" and other training courses as required
- Assist multi utility teams with cable laying activities
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by the Regional Construction Manager that fall within the
- general experience scope of the individual.
- Work safely at all times wearing relevant PPE that is supplied.
- Maintain a Safe Working Environment
- Accept delivery of plant and materials and check fitness for purpose prior to issue
- Assist in completing monthly stock checks
- Ensure stock levels are maintained and accurately recorded
- NRSWA accreditation
- CSCS Card or equivalent
- Cable Winching Qualification
- Cable laying qualification
- Full valid driving licence (to include towing)
- A positive and enthusiastic approach to work.
- Good organisation skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- £22,000 - £27,000 basic salary
- Company Van
- Holiday - 33 days inclusive of statutory allowance
Please contact Chloe Wild on or
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.