Support Coordinator, Coleraine, Children's Service
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be representing a leading charity in Northern Ireland who are seeking to recruit a Support Coordinator to join one their services based in Coleraine.
The charity aims to transform the lives of people with learning disabilities, those with acquired brain injury and people on the autistic spectrum.
Your new role
The successful candidate will be supporting children with a learning disability and autistic spectrum condition to live in a residential service. Some may also have other conditions e.g. complex medical conditions, physical disabilities and/or mental health needs and behaviours that challenge.
As the new Support Coordinator, you will provide person centred support, developing positive relationships with the service users and their families while supporting them to be happy and healthy in a safe environment.
What you'll need to succeed
- NVQ level 3 in Health and Social Care or equivalent (consideration will be given to candidates who do not possess this qualification but are willing to undertake the QCF qualification within an agreed timescale)
- 2 years' experience providing support to people within a social care setting
- Experience in the use of behaviour management strategies and assessing/managing risk
- Experience of working as part of a team within a social care setting
- Experience of supporting children
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary £22k - £25k
- 33 days annual leave
- Pension plan
- Perks Card with over 1,500 offers and discounts, savings of up to 50%
- Trained counsellors who can provide a free confidential and non-judgemental service
- Free Car parking
- Sick Pay
- Full training and support
- Costs covered of annual NISCC membership fees for eligible staff with at least three years' service
- An NISCC standard Induction with full support of your team
- Ongoing Learning and Development
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Support Coordinator
- Children's Service
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'