Hays is recruiting for Stroke Association Support Coordinator in Reading.
Your new company
The UK's leading charity dedicated to conquering stroke. They deliver amazing, life-changing support to over 60,000 stroke survivors and their families each year. They also fund research to find better treatments, campaign for better stroke care and help people understand how to spot and prevent stroke.
The core purpose of your role will be:
- to help stroke survivors and carers to identify their needs and provide support to achieve their desired outcomes (goals) through the development of a stroke recovery plan
- to recruit, develop and coordinate volunteers with the support of other relevant team members to support stroke survivors and carers in a range of settings including the home and community groups
- to run an effective service for stroke survivors and carers, ensuring that confidential and accurate records are kept on our CRM data base
- to run regular and accurate service reports to ensure the service is run within an allocated budget and in line with commissioner requirements
- to support local teams in the maintenance of a network of voluntary stroke clubs and groups, working with the relevant local team members
- to organise and facilitate a range of effective service groups as required for the benefit of stroke survivors and carers, involving volunteers in their delivery
What you'll need to succeed
- To have experience of providing person centred support to vulnerable people
- be educated to a minimum of GCSE level and willing to undertake training and continuing professional development
- QCF level 2/3 in a health and social care subject or equivalent is desirable
- have good IT skills
- Have the ability to communicate effectively face to face, in writing, by email, on the telephone, including speaking in public or group settings.
- ability to work without direct supervision and demonstrate initiative
- ability to demonstrate empathy whilst remaining objective and professional
- flexible approach to working hours and arrangements
What you'll get in return
Not only will you receive all the support you need, while working for Hays you will also enjoy a range of employee benefits, including £250 Bonus every time you refer a colleague, Holiday Entitlement (PAYE Only), Competitive rates of Pay, Fast Track Registration.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Agne Miklusiene on .
- healthcare assistant
- Support Coordinator
- Medical coordinator
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job