- At least one year’s professional experience of working with Young People.
- At least three years experience of providing care and/or support services within another social care setting.
Main skills and abilities
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Be Creative, vibrant and innovative in approach.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to work as an integral member of a team.
- Ability to work shifts.
- Must be able to establish and maintain constructive relationships with a wide range of people including providers in external agencies.
- Must demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must have ability to maintain accurate client records.
- Must be able to respond flexibly to the needs of clients.
Must be able to demonstrate the following values;
- Recognise and value all aspects of diversity.
- A commitment to involving and empowering Young People.
- Promotion of equality of opportunity for people who have experienced oppression and disadvantage in their life opportunities.
- A personal commitment to equality and inclusion.
Essential Knowledge and qualification
- Must have a sound understanding of the support needs of Young People who typically use our services.
- Level 2 understanding of computers, word processing and updating computer databases.
- Knowledge of issues surrounding alcohol and substance misuse and complex needs.
- Knowledge of the welfare benefits system.
- Knowledge and understanding of housing provision.
- Knowledge and understanding of external partner agencies which work with young people.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job