Support Centre Technician x3 - Basingstoke - £25,000-£30,000 (20% Shift allowance)
The EMEA CDN (Content Delivery Network) TSC (Technical Support Centre) act as 24/7 front line support for all Tier1 support services. This includes dealing directly with clients on all CDN issues and acting as a liaison between the clients and the support and operational structure.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong technical background with a proven understanding of the mechanics of the Internet, the ability to operate UNIX/Linux systems and the ability to quickly understand new technologies.
This post operates on a 12 hour shift basis between, with shifts starting at either 7am or 7pm.
- Provision of technical and admin support of proprietary CDN to clients who use our services. This involves overall ticket management for all CDN products and acting as first fix agent for low level requests, fault diagnosis and resolution, move/add/change work on accounts, escalation and liaison with various technical and sales departments as well as other TSC groups in Europe and the US.
- Service Monitoring - this involves direct monitoring of clients accounts and reacting to network and service alerts.
- Providing online support of live sporting and corporate online broadcasts.
Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work both individually and as part of a team
- The ability to work 24/7 based shifts including public holidays
- Software support experience
- Customer service or account management experience
- Experience working on various operating systems including Linux based systems and Microsoft products.
- Ability to use and understand networking tools including CURL, Traceroute, DNSLookup, TCP, etc..
- A strong personality with high attention to detail and excellent communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn and work with proprietary software applications
- Commitment to being a team player with a positive and flexible attitude
- A confident and self assured manner with strong analytical skills
- Previous experience working within a I.T. helpdesk structure and the use of corresponding ticketing systems a strong benefit.
- Previous experience working with CDN is preferable but not essential.
- Experience or training on website maintenance, development and new media file formats an advantage