The philosophy of the home is to enable residents to reside in an environment which enables them to continue to develop their independence, gain life skills and experiences while in a safe, secure, consistent and understanding environment. The service specialises in helping each adult to reach their potential socially and emotionally.
We seek to build upon earlier life experiences and skills in order to support service users in achieving an effective transition to adulthood. Our lifelong learning curriculum consists of basic elements: communication, social interactions, daily living skills, role modelling and work / leisure facilitation.
A range of communication techniques is used as appropriate for each service user including: communication strategies, picture exchange communication system (Pecs), Makaton, objects of reference, visual schedules and programmes to support social development.
We are offering:
- Permanent Contract - based on an annualised hour contract, you must be flexible and willing to work shift patterns that include days, evenings, nights and potential sleep in responsibilities. Shift pattern is on a two week rolling rota, all shifts are 8am-8pm.
- Competitive salary: £18,250 to £19850 per annum FTE (additional payment of £80 for sleep in duties) Overtime rate of £11.00 per hour
- 283 hours annual leave allowance per annum
- Opportunity to take part in bespoke training & gain qualifications relevant to your role
- Inclusion in our pension scheme
- Care Certificate Training
- Career advancement and continuous personal development (CPD)
- A very understanding, knowledgeable and supportive senior staff team.
- To provide a high quality of care and support for people with autism, learning difficulties, varying mental health illnesses and/or behaviours that may challenge.
- To deliver the highest possible standards of care and support in a professional manner at all times.
- To promote independence, community inclusion and deliver person centred care to everyone within our care.
- NVQ/QCF in Health & Social Care Level 2 or more is desirable
- At least one years Experience of supporting vulnerable adults within a residential setting is preferred.
- A kind, compassionate, and caring nature is essential and someone who is passionate about helping and working with people
- Excellent communication skills and a strong resilience is essential
- Is able to work on their own initiative, but also in a team environment
- Ideally candidates will have a full driving licence
Acorn Care and Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people in our care. Successful applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
- Quality Of Care