We at Sugarman Education are looking for a number of Student Support Assistant/Learning Support Assistants to work in the London Borough of Lambeth. Full time and part time positions available. The candidate does not have to have previous experience as a Student support assistant, Learning support assistant or Teaching Assistant but must be a pro-active and willing to be on hand to help at all times
As a Student Support Assistant you will be supporting a number of students that require additional help with their studies across various areas within a school environment, creating positive relationships, assisting them in their classroom or workshop settings. This will include students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities, including emotional, social and behavioural needs.
Some of the responsibilities for Learning Support Assistant will include:
- To support students inside and outside of the classroom, supporting them with their learning and emotional/social/behavioural needs.
- Following all policies and procedures set out by the School.
- To provide support with personal care where necessary.
- To assist the Head of Student Support, Resources and Welfare, Student Support Team Leaders and Lecturers in the preparation and adaptation of learning materials and resources.
- To promote the student's Independence where possible.
- To record and monitor student's progress and liase with other professionals accordingly.
- To assist in the process of all assessments relating to the students needs.
- To continually review the student's support needs.
- To attend team and all other meetings regarding both student and curriculum development, including training days.
- To supervise student learning where necessary.
To become a Student Support Assistant you must have the following skills and experience:
- To support both the pastoral care and academic development of the students, it is essential that you have GCSE English at grade C or above (or equivalent) as well as effective organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- You must be competent in the use of ICT equipment, and be able to complete administrative tasks as and when requested.
- Have the ability to communicate to a diverse range of people at all levels, verbally and in writing.
There are more than one vacancy at Sugarman Education for Student Support Assistant in the Borough Of Lambeth.
Please apply ASAP if you are interested, as interviews are currently taking place.
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.