We provide a range of environments for those who need extra support to live independently, from young people and those with disabilities, to the elderly in extra care schemes. Our strength lies in the quality of our people and we employ those who share our aims.
Support Assistant - Bank
St James House, Portrack Lane, Stockton-On-Tees
£8.10 per hour (rising to £8.53 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance)
Hours as and when required
Why work for us?
We support vulnerable people to live as independently as possible, by building their confidence and skills to realise their potential.
We are a national organisation but we think locally. We support people through supported housing, move-on accommodation, CQC registered services and floating support. We specialise in services for young people, homeless families and individuals, people with physical disabilities, learning disabilities and people with mental health needs.
We are seeking a Support Assistant - Bank to make a real difference to the lives of our residents. Our services in Stockton support young people leaving the care service, families and individuals who are homeless. If you want to make a positive impact to people’s lives, this is a rewarding opportunity to come and work within an established and experienced team.
The role of Support Assistant will include:
- Providing a high quality hands-on person centred care and support service which enables and empowers our clients
- Ensuring that clients are supported by developing their daily living skills such as cooking, cleaning, shopping and being part of their community.
- Working with colleagues and partner agencies to achieve the best outcome for our clients
Skills and experiences:
- Ideally you will have experience of working with vulnerable people, however candidates with enthusiasm and a real passion for the role and a willingness to learn are encouraged to apply as we are committed to delivering a tailored training program
- Initiative and assertiveness will also be key to your success, as you will be required to source innovative solutions to problems that allow independence to be maximised.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational, listening and time management skills, allowing you to form positive relationships with people.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- Health and wellbeing plans
- A variety of on line discounts and rewards from major retailers
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the full job profile click here
Closing Date: 14 February 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Supported Living is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association and Sanctuary Home Care Limited, both exempt charities.