thebigword is the largest interpreting services provider in Europe and is among the top 20 language and translation companies in the world. We work with many of the world's biggest and best-known brands and a number of large US and UK government organisations.
The company has 12 offices around the world, employs over 500+ staff and a network of more than 15,000 linguists.
Every month, thebigword handles 1 million minutes of telephone interpreting, 17,000 face-to-face interpreting assignments and half a billion words of translation.
We are looking for a Support Analyst (desktop support) (US hours 14:30-23:00) to support our Technology department.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Working within the Desktop and Applications Support team as part of a combined 1st and 2nd technically skilled and experienced support team to provide technical assistance to internal and external clients on all applications and areas of IT, including but not limited to:
- Desktop Computing
- Desktop Telephony & Mobiles
- Business Applications (both off the shelf e.g. Microsoft Office and internally developed products)
Responding to support incidents on the phone, through email, within the product support website and through the internal ticket system other tasks will include:
- Operate within published procedures for Incident, Request, Problem and Change Management, ensuring agreed business and client SLAs are met.
- Manage the logging of support issues following business procedures to capture issue, assign the priority level and close tickets with clear details on cause and solution for the issues.
- Escalates incidents and requests to internal and external 3rd line teams as appropriate within the agreed procedure.
- Transition and articulate critical system and application issues to Team Leader.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times through an understanding of each customer's needs, focusing on a swift (and where possible) first time resolution for the customer
- Provide troubleshooting and debugging of client problems.
- Proactively builds and manages internal and external customer relationships based on trust and respect
- Communicate outage/emergency and maintenance activities to the organisation.
- Document how to articles and knowledge bases to support customers in finding the resolution online before needing to contact the Desktop and Application Support Team.
- Process IT purchase orders for hardware/software purchases as required by the business,
- Work with other members within the Technology department to improve personal knowledge of systems and skills to better support the business.
thebigword offers a fantastic, vibrant working environment with happy colleagues who contribute to the continued success of our business.
Could we be offering the opportunity you've been looking for? Hit Apply Now and join one of Leeds best employers.
Please note: Due to the nature of our business, all successful applicants will be required to complete a basic criminal records disclosure.
thebigword is committed to encouraging diversity and opposing all forms of discrimination in our working environment. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give of their best. As an international company that operates worldwide and due to the nature of our industry we are a multicultural company. We have a large diverse client base which demands diversity amongst our employees to be able to service our clients effectively, thus meaning we employ people from different cultures and we do not discriminate against people on grounds of race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, religion/belief, age, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marriage, civil partnerships, pregnancy, maternity or disability
- Active Directory
- Technical Support
- Support Analysts
- MS Office
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"