thebigword is a global, technology enabled language solutions provider, that delivers translation (written word) and interpreting (spoken word) services. thebigword employs over 500 people based in 13 offices in 11 countries, working with more than 12,000 linguists worldwide.
At the centre of thebigword approach is delivering customer focussed solutions, of the highest possible quality and making the global communication process smooth for over 2,500 public and private sector clients.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our fast paced, challenging Technology department as a Support Analyst. The successful candidate will join a highly motivated and dedicated support team which combines Desktop and bespoke applications supporting a user base of thousands both internally and externally around the globe.
The ideal candidate for this role will have strong 1st/ 2nd line experience working on a busy service and/or product support desk and is looking for a more varied support analyst role.
As well as the technical skills required for this role the successful candidate will have excellent communication skills with a customer focused attitude towards desktop and applications support. Excellent organisational skills and the ability to effectively prioritise tasks is a must.
- Responding to support incidents on the phone, through email, within the product support website and through the internal ticket system.
- Operate within published procedures for Incident, Request, Problem and Change Management, ensuring agreed business and client SLAs are met.
- Manage the logging of support issues following business procedures to capture issue, assign the priority level and close tickets with clear details on cause and solution for the issues.
- Escalates incidents and requests to internal and external 3rd line teams as appropriate within the agreed procedure.
- Transition and articulate critical system and application issues to Team Leader.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times through an understanding of each customer’s needs, focusing on a swift (and where possible) first time resolution to the customer
- Provide troubleshooting and debugging of client problems.
- Proactively builds and manages internal and external customer relationships based on trust and respect
- Communicate outage/emergency and maintenance activities to the organisation.
- Document how to articles and knowledge bases to support customers in finding the resolution online before needing to contact the Desktop and Application Support Team.
- Process IT purchase orders for hardware/software purchases as required by the business, Work with other members within the Technology department to improve personal knowledge of systems and skills to better support the business.
Key knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Technical knowledge and experience of supporting
- Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems and Applications
- Mobile Computing (Laptops / Tablets / Mobile Phones)
- Anti-virus and encryption technologies (from a desktop perspective)
- "Off the shelf" and/or internally built applications support
- SQL querying skills - desirable
- Excellent customer service and strong communication skills through being able to articulate technical matters at the right level to all parties involved at the time.
thebigword will offer a full training and support program with competitive rates of pay and the opportunity to be part of the most prestigious and fastest growing language solutions provider. .
You will be working with a variety of technologies in an exciting and fast paced environment. If you are interested in this position and believe you have the necessary requirements to fit the role, then please click the" apply online" button
Please note: Due to the nature of our business, all successful applicants will be required to complete a basic criminal records disclosure.
thebigword is committed to encouraging diversity and opposing all forms of discrimination in our working environment. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give of their best.As an international company that operates worldwide and due to the nature of our industry we are a multicultural company. We have a large diverse client base which demands diversity amongst our employees to be able to service our clients effectively, thus meaning we employ people from different cultures and we do not discriminate against people on grounds of race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, religion, age, gender reassignment, marital status, sexual orientation, or disability
- Active Directory
- Technical Support
- Support Analysts
- MS Office