You will be working in a commercially aware, client facing and technically-demanding environment where your role will be pivotal in enabling Equiniti to provide expertise, support and service provision to the Annuities Operational Team and our Annuity clients.
You will be first point of contact with the Operational team, ensuring that issues are correctly logged, triaged, and processed. This work needs to be balanced against a number of required day-to-day support tasks that the team undertake on behalf of the Operational team.
You will support the Annuities business area with the evaluation, scheduling and resolution of client technical and support queries. You will also be responsible for analysing and communicating any process or application issues to relevant parties to ensure Equiniti delivers the high quality of service demanded by our clients. You will ensure that all Annuities area support processes are carried out effectively to help provide Equiniti’s Annuity proposition. You will also provide support and assistance to the team’s Business Analysts and Oracle DeveloperDepartment Information
Within the EQ Paymaster division our Life & Pensions IT team supports, develops and installs our suite of Life & Pensions products. Equiniti is a well-established market leader in the Life & Pensions area with an enviable client portfolio including Prudential, Aviva, Sun Life Financial of Canada and Admin Re. With recent changes in the market Equiniti has a number of new propositions which will drive growth and hence require experienced Life and Pensions professionals to join our expanding existing client management teamCore Duties/Responsibilities
Supporting the Business. This will require:
- Completion of frequent business critical support tasks in line with established procedures.
- Management of the Annuities Change Team support mailbox and received requests for service.
- Analysis and review of process and procedure in use by the Operations area in line with a view for constant improvement.
- Effective communication with appropriate parties to analyse and solve key support issues as and when they arise.
- Support to clients in accordance with any client-specific requirements and the company’s overall support procedures.
- Identification of any areas of support that could be improved.
Resolve technical issues that cannot be solved by 1st or 2nd line support. This may include:
- Resolving urgent and immediate requests by various users.
- Analysing and specifying any changes or fixes required.
- Estimating the resource effort and system aspects of any changes or fixes requested.
- Liaising with users and developers to resolve and specify any issues or changes.
Provide technical expertise, guidance and support to the business in relation to Annuities products, processes, relevant systems and interfaces.Skills, Capabilities and Attributes
- Knowledge of Annuities based Financial Services products.
- Previous experience supporting multi-user departmental structures.
- Relevant experience in Financial Services sector and / or Live Support.
- Solid business awareness, in order to make accurate and informed decisions in a complex environment.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience of developing effective relationships with business, business support providers and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrable ability of working under pressure and delivering to tight timescales.
- Previous experience of using investigative and diagnostic skills.
- Time management, communication and problem solving skills.
- Excel experience including usage of macros (Highly Desirable).
- SQL experience (Desirable).
- Educated to degree level or experienced to a relevant vocational standard preferred.
- Business Support
- Financial Services
- Line Support
- Problem Solving
- 2nd Line