Supply Planning Manager
Imperial Tobacco is part of the FTSE30 company Imperial Brands PLC, a dynamic international business specialising in tobacco and non-tobacco brands.
In the UK, Imperial Tobacco is the market leader in the sale and distribution of a wide portfolio of iconic brands such as Lambert & Butler, JPS, Player's and Golden Virginia.
Reporting to the Head of Insights & Intelligence the Cluster Stock Manager is to oversee continuous and efficient stock management within the UK and Ireland markets. The role is responsible for overseeing the successful execution of all processes following the submission of the demand plan into APO until in-market warehouse delivery.
The primary objective of the role is to ensure appropriate stock levels are maintained and when required, to prioritise supply during periods of shortfall. The role covers all product groups sold by the Cluster, including NGP and has a significant impact on the overall performance of the Cluster including share and profit delivery.
The role will be responsible for designing and overseeing stock management processes, ensuring forecasted production takes place in-line with the Master Production Schedule (MPS), setting & monitoring Stock Level Agreements (SLA), prioritising supply and manging escalation of issues to Manufacturing, Supply and Research & Development (MSRD), Division & Fontem Ventures as required.
- Diagnose and where necessary design new processes for effective stock management across the Cluster
- Implement stock management processes via engagement with all required functions
- Embed functional KPI's within the business to ensure continuous supply of finished goods to in-market warehouse
- Create and embed management processes for customer prioritisation during times of stock availability issues
- Develop communication platform to keep the business informed of stock situations, enabling outstanding customer service through the sales function including the market sales teams and Customer Service Centre teams.
- Engage with IT Group Security to ensure all standards being adhered too
- Complete monthly supply chain and security reporting documentation for ITG
- Produce reports and decision processes to ensure key critical areas of the stock system are controlled and discrepancies are addressed and resolved
- Understand the demand plan, production plans, NTM (non-tobacco materials) status, and current stock levels to inform the UK&I management teams of potential issues. Engage with all key departments to overcome potential issues.
- Understand duty and supply chain costs to advise finance teams of stock write off costs as consequence of pricing and supply decisions via Pricing Committee & UK&I Cluster Leadership Team.
- Understand cost of goods and working capital to advise and inform UK&I finance team to enable effective decision making through the financial year.
- Understand customer supply chain dynamics to effectively advise the Cluster markets on stock situations and make decisions on behalf of the Cluster as the need arises, prioritising stock allocations and minimising commercial risk.
- Understand and work with Cluster planning functions to manage stock positions during periods of change such are new product launches, product changes and product recalls.
- Implement new stock management processes where required to support the creation of new routes to market (e.g. Direct to Consumer sales)
- Ensure all stock systems are aligned and support the overall P&L delivery - flexing stock levels where required to support activities connected to events such as price changes or regulatory events.
- Contribute to the forecasting, new product development (NPD) and pricing committee planning process with the effective communication of stock levels, manufacturing production plans and stock in transit
- Ensure production plans and material schedules are efficient as possible in order to meet customer requirements. Identify capacity constraints and potential supply issues and communicate effectively across the business to mitigate the risks.
- Run monthly meetings to co-ordinate across functions the requirements for effective stock management.
- Understand UK & Ireland market plans ensuring that impact on supply is understood and planned for taking into account volume, share and performance expectations.
- Proactive root cause analysis to be embedded with a zero tolerance to OOS
- Provide a forecasted stock position to Finance when required to support working capital calculations
- Develop and manage range of processes to deal with crisis management scenarios including short / long term availability issues, critical daily stock levels and forecasted stock shortages
Skills & experience
- Strong supply chain expertise and stock management credentials
- Leadership and management of complex operational systems
- Team management and developmental track record
- Supply chain systems and processes across FMCG or similar environments
- Forecasting to Manufacturing process within complex organisation
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Track record of influencing at senior levels internally and externally
- Strong decision making capability in fast paced, complex environment
- Results focused with excellent, numeric and data handling skills
What we offer
Imperial Tobacco offers a competitive package of salary, bonus scheme, pension and 25 days holiday (with an additional 4 days on top to cover the Christmas period and bank holidays).
- Supply Chain
- Demand Planning
- Stock Analyst
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"