A fast growing and dynamic FMCG business based in the Gloucester area is currently recruiting for a brand new Supply Planner due to expansion. This is a full-time, permanent role reporting into the Forecasting Manager. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, 23 days holiday, flexible working and an annual performance bonus of an additional 2k.
The Supply Planner will manage the demand side of the Integrated Business Planning process, system & cycle to ensure that an accurate future demand forecast is created and supply constraints are understood and mitigated. You will create, maintain and alter forecast models for their customers and brands, and incorporates other information (marketing intelligence, sales input of promotions) to create the 24 month demand plan. The Demand Planner is a key pivot between sales, marketing, commercial, finance and supply/operations.
• Ensure that the monthly cycle of meetings and process is adhered to by all and take action where this is not the case
• Create a 15 month statistical base forecast that is updated monthly for all products/customers, and reviewed according to priority to ensure accuracy
• Demonstrate co-working with other demand colleagues, to ensure amends to forward statistical base are implemented at the correct level
• Ensure inputs from marketing, sales, finance and others are incorporated into the forecast (E.g. Marketing intelligence about ATL activity)
• Ensure any constraints identified in previous cycles (e.g. supply constraints from SRM) are understood, communicated and appropriate actions taken.
Act as a support, challenge and approver of forecast promotional/uplift volumes from the sales team.
• Working with commercial planner, have an awareness of, and manage customer promotional phasing to ensure that unconstrained demand can be met on all skus (e.g. all customers promoting 1 sku simultaneously may not be feasible from operations / stock availability perspective)
• Ensure that core KPIs are measured, monitored, reported and acted upon on a monthly basis. Root causes known and communicated to Head of Planning, and action plans created where underperformance is consistent.
• Customer Service Level is a shared KPI, and you will need to demonstrate an understanding of how forecast accuracy is impacting CSLs
Act as point person to the supply/operations team to ensure consensus plan is achieved.
• Whilst it is the working principle that unconstrained demand will be met, where this is not feasible, co-ordinate and work with supply & sales teams to overcome issues (e.g. broken production line could result in the need for promotional slots to be re-phased)
• Working with operational planner, and manage customer promotional phasing to ensure that unconstrained demand can be met on all skus
• Ensure new and phase-out products are appropriately managed through SAP IBP product lifecycle management capability.
• Use available information to ensure correct forecast algorithm is applied to get most accurate forward month demand plan.
• Run master data checks as provisioned within SAP IBP pertaining to the above
Experience in a similar role within an FMCG organisation would be required in order to be able to demonstrate the job specific competencies detailed below. A working knowledge of demand planning software tools would also be advantageous.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'