To role of Suppy Planner / Supply Chain Planner is to manage the order placement process in line with Company forecasts and net stock position. To improve supply reliability from both in-company and external vendors in order to meet the high service level expectations of the customers. To effectively manage the supply process and relationships to ensure minimised operational costs (stock and freight). To support the Planning Manager in improving stock-turns, customer service levels and operational cost effectiveness. To be the single point of contact for all company sourcing sites and lead the collaboration models
This role is a 12 month FTC with the view to turning permanent. They would like someone to start with them ASAP.
Key responsibilities for the role of Supply Planner / Supply Chain Planner -
- Shared responsibility for meeting the company booking and billing targets every month.
- Understand the forecasting process and support the Planning Manager in improving forecast accuracy.
- Understand the inventory parameters and settings which drive the purchase order requirements and support modification of those parameters to improve stock effectiveness.
- Managing the purchase order process including: - placement of orders in line with forecasts and stock position in a timely manner / managing system (SAP) exception messages and communicating all revisions on open purchase orders to factories / ensuring correct buy-prices are used for products in all P/O's / liaison with in-company factories and external suppliers to ensure that lead-times are adhered to and shipments are made in line with our expectations / responding to changes in demand by expediting and de-expediting purchase orders / coordinating decision making with regard to freight method / working with the internal Sales and Customer Service teams to resolve supply problems, changes to customer demands and direct/indirect shipments / provide accurate promise dates to customers via the internal Sales and Customer Service teams
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to support the introduction of new products.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to manage product discontinuations.
- Manage and maintain SAP product master data such as lead times, safety stock settings and volumetrics.
- Support the Planning Manager in process and policy improvement in the areas of forecasting, safety and replenishment stock and purchase order management.
- Measure and report variances in the performance of internal and external vendors.
- Coordinate the reverse logistics process when there are quality issues.
- Measure and report variances in the performance of the purchase order process.
Key skills and experience required for the position of Supply Chain Planner / Supply Planner -
- 2+ years within a similar role, with an understanding of inventory management.
- Excel - Pivot tables and V Lookups as a minimum
- MRP system experience - SAP would be beneficial
- Strong communication exerience
- Spanish/Japanese language skills would be an advantage
If you are an experience Supply Planner / Supply Chain Controller and are seeking a new opportunity, then please apply below.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
- Supply Chain
- Demand Planning
- Supply Planning