SF Group are recruiting for a Supply Chain Team Leader to join their client based in Newark. This vacancy is a new position and will be on a permanent basis. The Supply Chain Leaders role is a great opportunity for an ambitious, proven, supply chain professional who wants to join an SME to take on a Senior Role within the business. Our client is a global leader within their market and is very valued.
This vacancy will suit a manager who has varied experience within supply chain, purchasing, stock and warehouse management. You will have had plenty of experience managing internal and external stakeholders.
What will you be doing?
- Take the lead in Supplier Relationship Management, ensuring service level agreements are set and met and that costs are reduced to targets, resolving any problems in a collaborative manner to ensure win/win outcomes
- Proactively source products and components as required, assessing new sources of supply as necessary to determine suitability to the companies Supply Chain
- Play an active role in the development and execution of a Sales and Operational Planning process, collaborating on a regular basis with the Sales management team
- Create action plans to improve "Stock Turn" and avoiding creation of obsolete and excess stock whilst continuing to meet customer demand
- Prepare, analyse and manage stock reports and supply KPIs proactively to meet the required targets
- Manage the Purchase Order expediting process to ensure on time in full delivery of products and other goods, minimising stock outs and ensuring accurate delivery dates are maintained on the system to ensure accurate stock planning and delivery information is available for customers
- Maintenance of stock planning data on the companies system ensuring accurate and timely entry.
- Support the Warehouse Supervisor to manage the efficiency of the Warehouse operation via resource planning, problem resolution and effective warehouse processes
- Motivate, coach and develop staff as required, carrying out staff appraisals and creating staff personal development plans
- Develop any procedures and business processes in conjunction with other functions to drive continuous improvement within the designated business functions and encourage throughout the business as a whole
- Ensuring the maintenance and update of Supply Chain and Operations procedures and processes in compliance with ISO 9001
- Proactively identify Supply Chain risks, both internally and caused by external political, economic or other changes and develop plans, propose and manage in order to eliminate, minimise and mitigate impact on the companies profitability and supply.
Who will you be?
- Strategic and operational supplier management and development
- Warehouse management (or at least a very good understanding of warehouse operations)
- Demand/Sales forecasting
- Stock categorization
- Global supply chain experience
- Stock planning and management (high value, low volume, erratic demand products)
- Use of ERP and planning system tools such as demand forecasting and MRP
- Ideally system implementation and/or development particularly in relation to stock
- Experience of SME culture
- Electronics or manufacturing background advantageous
- Understanding and use of business and Supply Chain KPIs
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001 compliance
What will you get in return?
- Competitive salary
- Annual profit-based bonus
- Company pension scheme with company contribution
- Flexible working hours
Is this the role for you to start 2019 in the right way? If so, please apply!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'