Our client is a market leading FMCG company with offices across Europe.
The Supply Chain Strategy Accountant is responsible for all analytics for strategic supply chain projects relating to structural productivity and other activities.
This role is responsible for the coordination, analysis, reporting and consolidation of all supply chain projects. The role will work with the Procurement, Sourcing Unit teams and sometimes external consultants. This role owns the integrity of all financial analysis attached to strategic supply chain projects.
- Lead the agenda for all major projects. Owner of the integrity of all financial data related to specified projects.
- Finance team representative for all Strategic projects. Independent thinker confident enough to challenge the norm, and at the same time ensuring solutions are practical within the company environment.
- Owner and source of reporting information for the finance and PMO team.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- Potentially from a consulting background, used to thinking independently and challenging the status quo.
- Manufacturing, supply chain and detailed product costing knowledge.
- Specific experience of commercial decision support / business partnering.
- Advance excel skills
- Happy to work the numbers in detail, but able to summarise and present the big picture to a senior audience.
- Confident and objective - focussed on the right decision for the group
- Very strong analytical skills with ability to communicate effectively with non-finance functions
- Pro-active, self-motivated and ability to use own initiative
- Able to negotiate with and challenge senior personnel in a positive and collaborative way
- Qualified accountant with experience in manufacturing and logistics environment. A commercial thinker used to working across multi-currency/multi-site environments.
Desirable knowledge / skills:
- FMCG Commercial Finance and / or Procurement business partnering experience
- Supply Chain