Supply Chain Professional; 6 month contract; Blackburn, £14.50 PAYE
A vacancy has arisen within a large aerospace company based near Blackburn. The role is working within the Air Sector as a Supply Chain Professional.
The UK Supply Chain Operations Team plays a fundamental role in supporting the Customer Operational requirements across various programmes. The post-holder will be required to coordinate and deliver customer requirements within stringent timescales. Interaction with key stakeholders across all business functions is integral to the role.
As a Supply Chain Specialist your main responsibilities will involve:
- Managing the delivery of materiel into the logistics hub in line with customer required delivery date
- Liaising with Suppliers to answer any queries which may be raised upon receipt of items
- Liaising with stakeholders across the business and at the companys logistics provider to ensure that items are cased and shipped to the Customer in good time to achieve contractual payment milestones
- Ensuring that all relevant export control regulations are adhered to
- Reporting on progress to the project team and senior stakeholders within the business
The role is responsible for expediting the existing order book and supporting the achievement of schedule adherence providing support to supply chain and procurement management processes and activities to facilitate the effective schedule adherence.
1. Build and maintain awareness of and adhere to all relevant supply chain management policies, procedures and processes.
2. Understand and support the working level relationship with the customer, suppliers and partners.
3. Contribute, under guidance, to the development of supply chain requirements to meet customer needs and to form a basis for developing and prioritising order progression.
4. Supply support to the effective execution of reporting and data provision in support of overall order book management.
5. Produce and maintain, as directed, all relevant supply chain management reviews, reports, information and other documentation in line with need and all relevant procedures.
6. Identify and expedite, under direction, actions to respond to minor issues and deviations from the normal order book management.
7. Maintain supply chain systems and documentation in line with supply chain need and all relevant procedures.
8. Ensure that the full range of required administrative support is in place to enable the supply chain team to function effectively.
9. Set up and administer meetings to support their smooth operation
The role demands an individual with excellent communication skills and a strong customer focus the ability to build and foster robust and collaborative relationships with internal and external customers and key suppliers. The successful applicant will be flexible, self-motivated and have strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills. The ideal candidate will have knowledge and experience of the Supply Chain and in addition, an understanding of the IFS System & procurement. You will have excellent Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint skills along with good Microsoft Word skills.Communication, Team working & Motivation skills are essential.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.