SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNER - BRACKNELL
£25-30K - dependent on relevant experience and education
An exciting opportunity has become available within the Supply Chain department of a world-leading fine art company. Having supplied artist's colours to the likes of Constable and Turner, we now strive to inspire to next generation of artists with our broad range innovative and high-quality products.
Within Supply Chain you shall be exposed to all aspects of production - from new product development to factory optimisation, dealing with supplier troubles to ensuring outbound supply to some of the world's biggest retailers.
This is not a desk-based role dealing with production in a distant land - you have the opportunity to be hands on with production on a daily basis. Our client do not outsource the production of any of our colour products, they are all made within the walls of the Bracknell factory. Therefore you can see, feel and use the product to gain a thorough and in-depth knowledge of our product range. Whilst the majority of our output can be considered batch-production; you will also be exposed to elements of mass- and job-production to build up a broad experience. It's a very exciting time within our company's long history - with new warehousing opening this summer, the development of a new ERP and overhaul within the factory; we're evolving at an incredible pace.
As a Supply Chain Planner, you will be required to understand our stock levels and the needs of the marketplace to utilise all available machinery in the most effective means. You will have to be able to spot market trends to build-up and run-down stocks where required and to see opportunities within the factory to improve efficiencies. A methodical, problem-solving mentality is essential; you will have to deal with issues on a daily basis. We're looking for someone with drive and passion, who can communicate with all levels of the business in the correct manner.
If you think you offer the correct fit for the role then we would love to hear from you!
- To plan production within the Bracknell site.
- To monitor, analyse and manipulate stock level reports to understand sales trends and assess future demands.
- To understand the limitations, strengths and weaknesses of the production site to permanently evolve production planning methods.
- To work closely with the pigment/chemical planners to ensure raw material availability and foresee problems.
- To work closely with the other planners to ensure demands in other areas of the company are being met.
- To understand all machinery within facility to maximise output and machine utilisation.
- To work closely with marketing on new product development
Essential requirements for the role:
- Advanced Excel skills is essential.
- Self-motivation and a sincere, enthusiastic approach are essential.
- A problem-solving mindset is essential.
- Rigorous organisation skills are essential.
- Engineering/Mathematical background is advantageous.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job