We are a Sunday Times Top Track 100 company and one of the UK 's fastest growing privately owned companies.
The Range has grown enormously since its inception in 1989, and now has over 150 stores nationwide. People are at the heart of our retail concept, and we want to invest in our staff and make the future extraordinary.
We are looking to appoint an experienced Supply Chain Manager. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer you will be responsible for managing our end to end supply chain of circa 65,000 products to achieve the agreed business goals and KPIs for service levels, store and online order fulfilment and product life cycle targets.
Key accountabilities & responsibilities:
- Manage and give clear direction to your team to achieve the departments KPIs and expected business results
- Engage with internal stakeholders (Buying, Retail, Merchandising), Suppliers and 3rd Party Service providers to manage and challenge expectations to support collaboration and functional compliance for a seamless supply chain
- Drive and deliver measurable improvement to service levels targets across the expanding estate of currently 150 stores and multiple distribution centres
- Define and drive departmental performance measures.
- Ability to balance between long term strategic focus and short term priorities based on customer needs.
- Manage costs within the supply chain, MHE and Transport ensuring that processes and systems are effective to meet our needs and deliver agreed service levels.
- Ability to understand problems, initiate long term structured improvement projects and ensure their timely delivery.
- Attend and contribute to regular cross-functional meeting to ensure the supply chain is correctly represented
- Identify opportunities of process, technology and behavioural development to promote investment and continuous improvement
- Confidently demonstrate a high level of knowledge in your role
Knowledge/ Experience/ Qualifications:
- Be a proven experienced leader of a similar sized team and product range port-folio, ideally from a Retail background
- You will be expected to lead, challenge and influence contributing stakeholders to the success of your teams KPIs
- Experience and ability to devise, propose and deliver strategies to improve performance and results
- Build relationships with external organisations e.g. suppliers and 3rd party vendors
- Work under pressure, to set deadlines and be results driven
- A full understanding of complex supply chains including sourcing from global and local suppliers
- Skills and knowledge to manage and maintain ordering systems of stock replenishment product flows from distribution centres to our stores
- A full understanding of a business that engages with high levels of promotions and seasonality of product supply and ranging
- Must be able to demonstrate experience and a high level of competence in forecasting and demand planning processes
- Must be an Advanced user in MS office and essentially in Excel
- Have a financial understanding of the impact of the supply chain on the businesses profit and loss accounts
- Training and certification in supply chain best practices would be an advantage e.g. CIPS
- Advanced Excel
- Financial Understanding
- Demand Planning