A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Supply Chain Manager who’ll be responsible for supporting the delivery of our exciting food strategy through the management of the National Trust’s food suppliers, ensuring a safe, robust, supply chain that maximises value for our approximately 300 catering operations across the organization.
What you'll be doing
As Supply Chain Manager you’ll provide a suite of management information to support the Food & Beverage team, Catering teams and Commercial Support Consultants to make appropriate decisions. You’ll ensure that all our suppliers adhere to our minimum food sourcing standards, meeting the National Trust’s minimum food sourcing and food safety accreditation.
Your role will involve engaging with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders establishing strong, credible and effective relationships whilst enabling the Trust to achieve the ambitions of both our food strategy and our commitment to land, outdoors and nature. You’ll ensure that our food safety management system is implemented across the entire food supply chain whilst building effective supply chain processes for the operating line and the consultancy.
You’ll bring new suppliers on board, managing contractual terms, ensuring suppliers hit KPI’s and service level agreements, whilst reporting on supplier performance to a range of internal and external stakeholders.
Who we're looking for
We’re looking for someone to create and implement successful systems and processes in a complex national organisation. We’d also like you to have:
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Understanding of supplier relationship principles and experience in managing supply chain SLAs and KPIs
- Good knowledge and experience of buying / sourcing best practice
- Experience working in a food-related business
- Strong commercial acumen, demonstrable understanding and competency in budgeting, forecasting, portfolio management and margin management
- Ability to build mutually beneficial high level internal and external partnerships
- Demonstrable experience of managing supply chain SLAs and KPIs
And it will be helpful if you can demonstrate the following experience on your CV/application;
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS) or working towards membership
- Strong experience of influencing internal and external stakeholders at various levels and of building effective relationships