Adelie Foods is the UK’s leading Food to Go business, supplying the UK retail and foodservice sectors with an unrivalled portfolio of consumer insight-led chilled food product. From its four manufacturing locations and seven distribution centres across the country, Adelie supplies a diverse range of retail and foodservice customers with a £250 million turnover.
We are currently recruiting for a Supply Chain Manager to be based in our Manufacturing site Milton Keynes.
As a Supply Chain Manager you will be responsible for ensuring the efficient performance of the Supply Chain Operation as well as providing a materials scheduling and planning service to the Manufacturing Managers.
- To ensure the safety of all staff within the department in accordance with Company policy, observing the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act, the Food Safety Act 1990 and any other current legislation
- Manage the receipt and storage of incoming ingredients and packaging materials necessary for execution of the manufacturing programme
- Manage the receipt and storage of incoming third party goods required for the fulfilment of customer orders
- Provide a composite ingredients and packaging materials ordering service
- Provide timely and accurate stock data to the Finance function and Senior Management as necessary to ensure that the relevant financial and operational management controls are in place
- Maintain correct staffing levels as necessary to meet the needs of the business whilst working within a specified labour budget
- Provide a KPI reporting service to the Site Management team
- Maintain product quality standards and GMP as defined by company policy
- To assist in the recruitment, training ad development of suitable staff for the department
This role is a full-time, working 40 hours per week. The shift pattern is Monday to Friday, starting from 8:00am to finishing latest 7:00pm however candidates will need to be flexible around the needs of the business.
The ideal candidate
- Highly Pro-active
- Ability to multi - task
- Intermediate Excel
- Analytical mind
- Ability to communicate at all levels
In return for your time & hard work
- Salary, up to £60,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
- 33 Days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Child Care Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free parking on site
Interested? Apply Now!
Adelie Foods confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.
- Manufacturing Environment
- Product Quality
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job