Key responsibilities for the position of Supply Chain Manager / Materials Manager / Procurement Manager -
* Develop strategies and processes to reduce the vendor base and leverage spend.
* Lead the low-cost region purchasing initiative to maximize cost savings and achieve the LCR sourcing percentage target.
* Responsible for maintaining, filling and using the Purchase Price Variance (PPV) project funnel to develop the savings strategy.
* Develop a programme plan of sourcing workshops to include commodities to be addressed, people required and timings.
* Develop our identified key suppliers in relation to their use of DBS tools and processes.
* Ensure that all key suppliers have a long-term agreement in place which conforms to the Fortive model supplied from corporate procurement.
* Attend and provide the purchasing focus at meetings for all new development. Drive these projects through to completion and handover to production.
* Drive a breakthrough in process to reduce the time from idea to execution for cost saving ideas related to the supply base. Drive a secondary savings funnel in relation to Value Added/Value Engineered projects.
* Use policy deployment to establish and achieve breakthrough year over year performance in purchase price reductions and quality improvements.
* Provide strategic and tactical leadership for supplier assessment and development to all Sensors and Controls materials organizations
* In conjunction with the Quality department and peers at xxxxx North America develop and implement a supplier measurement scorecard that will effectively and reliably report QDC
* Undertake periodic risk analysis of the supply base: create and implement plans to address discrepancies.
* Deploy DBS tools to meet and exceed targeted improvements in safety, quality, delivery, cost and innovation in the supply base
* Manage and develop a team of 5 associates
Key skills and experience required for the position of Supply Chain Manager / Procurement Manager / Materials Manager -
* Superior negotiation skills.
- Expertise in developing and maintaining effective communications with all stakeholders including suppliers, customers and teams in customer service, purchasing and engineering
- * Ability to work collaboratively and successfully with cross-function teams/individuals.
- * Demonstrable influencing skills with effective outcomes.
- * Purchase Price Variance (PPV) expertise.
- * Demonstrate a positive, enthusiastic approach to motivate and lead the EMEA supply chain and logistics team.
- * Tactical and Strategic mindset.
- * Proven experience of Leadership and Teamwork.
- * Knowledge of MRP systems is advantageous.
- * Tenacity/Do What It Takes attitude.
- * Effective Time Management and Personal Organisation.
- CIPS/MCIPS Qualification.
If you are an experienced Supply Chain Manager / Materials Manager / Procurement Manager within a leading manufacturing company, and are seeking a new challenge, then please apply below.
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
- procurement OR supply chain OR materials management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job