The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for; managing relationships with 3PLs, all import custom compliance, and the procurement of inbound/outbound freight forwarding/carrier contracts, and driving improved warehouse and supply chain processes. Customs Compliance is an important element of the role and although an import/export team will report into this role, the Supply Chain Manager will need to have an understanding of customs procedures such as; REX, centralised clearance, SASP and CDSP. Experience using a duty management system would also be useful.
Specific duties of the Supply Chain Manager include:
- Procurement of freight/carrier contracts (land, air, sea), and on-going vendor management
- Management of 3PLs, freight forwarders and 3rd party warehouses
- Ownership over import custom compliance, including the management of duty management system
- Ensure compliance, and lead internal audits in relation to HRMC, AEO and international trading regulations/processes
- Management of import/export team
- Support the implementation of new WMS in 3rd party warehouses
- Support the implementation of Supply Chain Planning tools
- Capability to support change and transformation in the supply chain
Supply Chain Manager applicants should meet the following criteria:
- End-to-End Supply Chain experience, from origin to retailer
- Supply Chain or Logistics Management experience within a global business
- Experience of importing products from the Far East
- Experience in the procurement of freight forwarding/logistics contracts
- Well-versed in customs compliance, HMRC regulations and AEO
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
- Logistics Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Trade Compliance
- Freight Forwarding