Supply Chain Manager - West Sussex
Our West Sussex based client is a leader in the design and manufacture of high cost, low volume capital equipment.
The business is now looking to appoint a Supply Chain Manager to head up the Supply Chain team.
You will be required to undertake procurement of machined parts, electrical components, tooling and workshop consumables within budget, timescales and quality requirements. As well as improving the supply chain performance and processes whilst effectively managing the procurement team. The role requires both the technical skills and strategic vision to develop excellence in the Supply Chain function.
* Work with senior management to implement a Procurement strategy that clearly defines Purchasing objectives and measures for performance improvement, clearly aligned with overall business objectives
* Balance between long term purchasing strategy and short-term operations support
* Liaise with management to understand project material requirements and procure accordingly
* Oversee the procurement of machined parts, electrical components, tooling and workshop consumables within budget, timescales and quality requirements.
* Support production through on time to quality delivery of parts from our suppliers
* Prevention/resolution of shortages through coordinated follow up, expedites and risk-based purchasing.
* Establish a supplier qualification program that drives continuous improvement and enables pro-active measurement of various performance metrics, from On-time Delivery to quality of product supplied
* Maintain a clear focus of total cost whilst working with the finance, sales and production departments to maintain an awareness of profitability, delivery impacts and cash flow.
* Provide management and support the purchasing team
* Proven experience within a Purchasing / Supply Chain Management role, ideally in a fast paced engineered to order business
* Proven ability in management of purchasing/ supply chain teams within a manufacturing environment
* Previous application of strategic purchasing methods and Supplier performance management
* Strong negotiation skills with advanced leadership, management and communication skills
* Ability to build, hold and maintain relationships at all levels with customers and suppliers.
* Some technical ability would be highly advantageous but is not essential
Successful candidates will need to gain/pass security clearance vetting procedures.
For more details please contact Steve Read at Search Technical.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
- Supply Chain