Our DS Smith site in Belper is currently seeking a Supply Chain Manager to take full accountability of the supply chain function, along with line management responsibility. Working with the internal team you will need to ensure the efficient and effective operation of the supply chain.
If you are looking for a rewarding role being part of this fantastic site in the Derbyshire countryside, and have a passion for supply chain excellence then you could be the person that we are looking for.
What the role will involve…
Reporting to the OperationsManager, the successful individual will be responsible for the continuous improvement of the supply chain for the Belper site. With responsibilitiescovering the end to end planning of the factory (inc warehousing), raw material ordering and managing the 3rd party logistics contract. You will work closely with a variety of Functions, from sales, paper, operations and 3rd party logistics suppliers, to make & deliver products to customers in a timely manner whilst maintaining the lowest cost.
A crucial element of this role will be forward planning and you should be someone who thinks ahead and is used to implementing robust Sales & Operations planning processes and managing a planning team.
With this in mind, the successful candidate will be required to;
- Directly line manage the Supply Chain Team members including their performance management and absence management/reporting
- Contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture and ensure effective compliance with all relevant DS Smith procedures
- Ensure the effective running of the supply chain department on a day-to-day basis and the strategic development of the Team and Department to deliver on the site’s targets and Business plan in line with Divisional/Group initiatives
- Responsible for KPI monitoring and reporting, OTIF and reducing plant downtime
- Balance production and inventory levels with demand and customer services levels, inventory turn goals and capacity utilisation/staffing requirements
- Control inbound supply operations including raising purchase requisitions and forecasts for raw materials and receiving inventory
- Manage stock levels to ensure stock turnover, ageing and obsoleting targets are achieved
- Manage the department complaints procedure by actively investigating, identifying root cause and resolving NCR’s
- Using S&OP forecasting determine if production will be constrained in future periods, manage production plans and identify potential corrective action and constantly review working overtime and outsourcing
- Deliver continuous improvement activity to improve the supply chain operations
What we would like candidates to have…
- Management Experience
- Previous Demand Planning and Forecasting experience is a pre-requisite
- Previous experience of working in a fast-paced and demanding supply-chain environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Computer literate, with a good understanding of Microsoft Office software
- Evidence of continuous learning and development during career
- The ability to demonstrate how our corporate values will be applied in the workplace: Caring, Challenging, Trusted, Responsive and Tenacious
- Knowledge of packaging and/or print environments
- Working knowledge of CDM
About DS Smith:
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 100 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4.8 billion, the organisation employs over 27,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Competitive Pension and Life Insurance Package
•Annual cycle to work scheme
- Supply Chain
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job