Your New Job Title: Supply Chain & Logistics Innovator
The Skills You'll Need: Supply Chain, Logistics, Data Analysis, Advanced Excel
Your New Salary: £30-34k
Location: Weybridge, Surrey and Homeworking
Job status: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week
Who You'll Be Working for:
Market leading consumer electronics business.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
This is a fantastic opportunity to join our Logistics team as a Supply Chain & Logistics Innovator. The team play a critical role in the business, looking after all aspects of supply chain management and logistical operations to ensure that their incredible range of products are delivered, stored and managed efficiently and successfully.
As Supply Chain & Logistics Innovator, you will help to drive business performance through innovation and continuous improvements. You will focus on providing accurate analysis, rigorous procedural reviews and process mapping to identify clear SCM insights, outline opportunities for improvement, and coordinate projects to ensure objectives are met and delivered to the agreed timescales.
- Coordinate cross-functional projects with departments such as Order Management, Demand Planning and Sales; representing the SCM function internally and liaising with the business on resource and project planning.
- Work proactively to capture and accurately document requirements for stakeholders in a clear and concise fashion. Taking complex problems and documenting them in a coherent manner without ambiguity.
- Produce requirement specifications to form the basis of supplier bids and reviews in order to supply solutions.
- Execute precise data analysis and reviews of SCM processes, whilst being aligned with management and company goals.
- Apply innovative-thinking and identify high-value opportunities to improve business processes and systems related to SCM tasks, quantifying potential benefits to support the business case.
- Initiate, plan and coordinate impactful projects from an SCM perspective; ensuring that, together with the project leader, the project remains on track (with minimal programme changes and associated costs) and is delivered on time and in full.
- Working with external suppliers and third parties to understand key timings, constraints and costs. Developing and managing networks or implementation plans as required.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
- Good understanding of supply chain, logistics and order fulfilment process
- Strong in data analysis and project coordination, with a solid background in supply chain management
- Ideally industry experience in consumer electronics / consumer goods
- Methodological, data driven and has a high level of accuracy / attention to detail.
- Clearly and confidently communicate their thought processes and justify findings.
- Self-driven, proactive and able to act on their own initiative.
- Demonstrated ability in project management and working assertively in a cross-functional environment to attain consensus between all parties
- Effective problem solving, analytical and organisational skills are essential
- Experienced in producing, interpreting and drawing conclusions from data with clear and concise presentations
- Previously held responsibilities in budget planning and/or monitoring costs
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Comfortable and confident to present findings to all levels within the business as required
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, demanding environment with multiple competing priorities
- Educated to Degree Level in Business, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or other related field is preferred, but not essential
- Advanced knowledge of standard Microsoft applications, in particular Excel. Has in-depth knowledge of formulas, data linking, macros and automation (VBA) and IF statements.
- Experience of working with Oracle or SAP, or similar ERP system.
To view all our Supply Chain jobs please go to www.people-first.co.uk
Please follow us on Linkedin: people-first-supply-chain
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.
- Advanced Excel
- Consumer Goods
- Supply Chain
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'