Posted Date: Aug 10 2020
The New role is required for the support and execution of the Value Chain & Integration Tech strategy for Laboratory Operations applications. This role is primarily focused on LIMS technology, supporting business process and operations. These responsibilities will be transitioned from the existing Rx LIMS Tech team to our new CH LIMS Tech team.
The Supply Chain Technical Operations Lead will assess business needs and system issues and configure, customize, update, and tune StarLIMS system to improve operational efficiency. The position will interpret user requirements, create and maintain procedures, and assist in the configuration/customization of the system. Ensure implementation of LIMS enhancements within time and of quality established by best practices and coding standards. Candidates with similar experience in other LIMS or laboratory systems may qualify for structured and on-the-job training in StarLIMS software.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following…
- Manage LIMS technologies including configuration and performance
- Define and manage architecture and instrument integrations (~4000)
- Expert in legacy solutions and main expert to provide L4 support
- Ensure and Enable 2 SLIMS Enhancement releases/year
- Drive technical decisions on how best to configure solution based on user requirements and industry needs
- Ensure SLIMS solution has optimized performance at application and database level
- Establishes development standards, processes and best practices.
- Applies knowledge of GSK business process to design and build solutions to Data integrity and other business challenges
- Can influence key contributors/stake holders to make decisions that minimize solution customization
- Instills confidence through actions, with clients and stakeholders that the program goals will be met
- Coordination with Shared Services organizations to ensure our partners have an accurate view of our portfolio and understand our key priorities
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BS in Computer Science
- 5 years’ experience in labs and R&D operations roles with information technology and healthcare experience.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Advanced knowledge of quality and risk management principles and tools
- Partnering on problem-solving discussions between key stakeholders
- Ability to nurture and maintaining collaborative working relationships
- Lead and influence people in a matrix business environment globally
- Strategic thinking of infrastructure and strong drive for implementation
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Ability to adapt and work under uncertainty and accommodate flexible work demands
- Global perspective; cultural sensitivity
- Ability to navigate under pressure; resilient; self-motivated; sense of urgency and solid decision making
- Able to converse in English (spoken and written)
- Smart experienced risk-taking mindset
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to communicate effectively and directly with stakeholders, using the most appropriate communication channels and adapting information and style to the audience
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution. Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or + (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ AgenciesGSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'