Procurement & Purchasing will be required to source, on a worldwide scale, a wide range of products and to research for improved service, product and price from our existing suppliers. Solutions will need to be cost effective while also satisfying other factors such as sustainability, risk management and ethical issues.Responsibilities
- To develop, implement and maintain the purchasing strategy and related policies to includecost reduction, supplier consolidation, service delivery improvements and process efficiencies;
- Forecast procurement needs and negotiate contracts as required to deliver savings acrossthe supplychain;
- Discuss defective or unacceptable new goods or services with users, vendors and othersto determine cause of problem and take corrective and preventative action;
- Negotiate best prices and contracts with approved suppliers, suggesting beneficial changes; Forecasting likely levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs and keeping a constant check on stock levels to maximise business efficiency;
- Conducting research to ascertain the best products and suppliers in terms of bestvalue, delivery schedules andquality;
- Liaising between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers; Identifying potential suppliers, visiting existing suppliers, and building and maintaining good relationships with them;
- Negotiating and agreeing contracts and monitoring their progress; Sourcing supplies throughout EU and throughout the World; Processing payments and invoices;
- Keeping contract files and using them as reference for the future; Giving presentations about market analysis and possible growth; Producing reports and statistics using computer software;
- Evaluating bids, making recommendations based on commercial and technical factors; Ensuring suppliers are aware of business objectives;
- Attending meetings and trade conferences;
- Training and supervising the work of other members of staff
- Work with Account and Production Management to ensure that you and your team receive the required standard of brief, understanding client expectations and what is required to deliver on those expectations;
- Commit the team to a thorough and clear communication loop with the Account Management and Production Management, updating with job progress, errors and mutually beneficial solutions;
- Ensure that you and your team’s personal knowledge is up to date on systems,product, material and technical processes development;
- Strive for continual improvement of your team’s work;
- Manage the team’s performance, reviewing on a regular basis, and developing, coachingand training, where necessary.
- Report weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually to the Directors regarding business activity and performance data.
- Production Controllers, Account Management, Estimating, Transport, Directors and anyother areas of the business that you liaise with.
- All suppliers and customers.
- MCIPS would be desriable or working towards accreditation
- A proven track record in a similar role for a minimum of 2 years; Desirable with experience in purchasing globally;
- Thorough knowledge of permanent and promotional Point of Sale production practices and processes;
- Strong negotiation skills are a must;
- Excellent negotiation skills to achieve maximum benefit;
- A good knowledge of IT skills especially MS Excel; Demonstrable attention to detail and analytical thinking; Demonstrable excellent research and negotiation skills;
- Professional approach to problem solving and internal customer relations; Reliable, trustworthy and conscientious;
- Effective team member with good communication skills.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job