Excellent opportunity for a Supply Chain Coordinator to join a specialist manufacturing company based in Leicester.
Part of a global precision engineering group, this well established company makes components for the aerospace and gas power turbine industries.
The Supply Chain Coordinator will support the Company’s supply chain functions by coordinating key areas such as Sub Contract and onsite Stores Management and ensure that all subcontract work and transport requirements are in line with agreed forecasts, plans and budget requirements.
Proven understanding of the key role undertaken by the logistics function
Excellent IT skills including a comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Office and Excel functions
Solid organisational skills including the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Experience of managing a demanding workload in accordance with tight deadlines
Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and motivate others
Ability to work closely with other areas of the business and outside subcontract provisions with limited supervision
- Ability and desire to contribute to the development of the company through involvement in continuous improvement projects / activities
- The ability to demonstrate drive and enthusiasm when undertaking all work tasks
Previous experience of working in a fast paced environment, preferably within the manufacturing sector
A degree or equivalent in either engineering or business discipline
Previous experience of managing a small team of employees
- Coordinate and manage Sub Contract suppliers ensuring that all work is planned and undertaken in line with business plans
- Plan, Arrange and coordinate all facility transport requirements, including management of internal driving provision
- Liaise with planning team to create forecasts (short, medium and long term) and supply to sub contract suppliers
- Manage Sub Contract scorecards including the development of performance improvement plans where required
- Manage the Stores function on site in conjunction with the Stores Supervisor
- Control launch of parts in line with daily WIP / Launch review and in accordance with production timeframes
- Perform daily health and safety / 6S interactions within Stores area
- Provide a single point of contact for business critical Aerospace Customer
- Support the business relationship with key customer to improve scorecard achievement
- Input and manage customer order process in line with production requirements
- Complete all administration tasks in line with requirements of role
- Provide cover for other key tasks within the Supply Chain area including planning, other key customer contact and customs clearance
This company has an excellent industry reputation, offering excellent career prospects.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'