Supply Chain Coordinator
Location: Essex, CM9 4GG
Salary: Competitive – Depending on Experience
About the company:
Our client is a global leader in packaging and protection solutions, they believe they have a responsibility to play a positive role in the communities and environments in which they operate and serve.
They are currently recruiting for a Supply chain coordinator who will be responsible for providing support to the Supply Chain team covering all aspects of the department, working closely with department leads, in key areas.
Duties of the Supply Chain Coordinator:
- Ensuring BBS and Near Miss targets are met.
- Process customer purchase orders accurately and supply an order confirmation to the customer within 24hrs ensuring accurate data entry for reporting key metrics, liaising with customers where necessary.
- Complete order entry log daily
- Answer incoming calls and provide product information and advice, which could include pricing and stock availability and general customer queries
- Daily review of the order book and update boards and tracking tools
- Create Inventory Picks
- Populate warehouse schedule with accurate delivery and collection information.
- Using approved transport partners book required vehicles for on time customer deliveries and supplier collections, liaising with Customer Services and Planning team.
- Provide POD’s and approve transport invoices
- Submit claims, and obtain credits for failed deliveries.
- Track and update Customer Services with delivery information where required.
- Raise PO’s for agreed suppliers based on requests.
- Manage Purchase Order Book and provide daily updates during department meetings.
- Implement supplier OTD reporting.
- Involvement with cost reduction projects.
- Provide support to the production planner, learning key aspects of the role.
Requirements of the Supply Chain Coordinator:
- Minimum of 12 months experience in a Supply Chain related role (CS/Logistics/etc)
- English & Maths GSCE (A-C)
- Six Sigma Green Belt qualification (or similar training)
- CIPS qualification (Desirable but not essential)
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment essential.
- Experience with planning techniques.
- Knowledge of non-woven, extrusion and conversion processes desirable.
- Team Oriented – Able to work effectively with key stakeholders to achieve departmental and business goals.
- Analytical Skills – Must be able to extract, analyse and make decisions.
- Soft Skills – Need to be able to engage and work with all levels within the business.
- Initiative – Can identify issues and develop solutions for implementation.
- Communication – Presents ideas, facts and data clearly in both verbal and reporting formats. Can effectively communicate with the team and management.
- Competent IT skills – Use of Excel, Powerpoint, E-mail and ERP systems
Supply Chain Coordinator Benefits:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Career progression
- Pension scheme
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Supply Chain Coordinator position is right for you then please apply today!