Our client has a vacancy for a Supply Chain Coordinator to be the central point of contact between the Customer, Manufacturer and Logistics (Warehouse). You will be pro-actively planning and implementing supply and logistics, ensuring that the flow of data and materials between Customer and Manufacturer meets customer demands and in the process minimising cost to Company and maximising customer satisfaction.
- Planning of supply & logistics to meet customer schedules
- Ordering of goods from production sites in time to meet customer requirements
- Control of inventory levels at local location and monitoring of consignment stocks
- Control of deliveries to the customer according to customer’s delivery calls
- Contingency planning & escalation of potential supply shortfalls to management
- Support to Sales in the set-up of new business
- Development & implementation of efficiency improvements
- Create purchase orders
- Communicate with the customer/factory on any issues.
- Authorise appropriate freight routing & method to meet customer’s requirements within set parameters.
- Define appropriate safety stocks with Account Managers.
- Receive customer schedule & update DRP systems.
- Synchronise customer’s delivery calls according to schedule with factory.
- Operate Planning system and place purchase orders at factory at appropriate time.
- Ensure cost effective routing of the goods to meet customer schedules.
- Proactively monitor forward supply plans and highlight potential supply shortfalls in sufficient time to take contingency action.
- Monitor the transport of the ordered goods and inventory at the warehouse.
- Manage inventory levels considering customers needs, consignment stocks, factory performance and budget targets.
- Produce invoices and/or SBI as appropriate, & raises credit / debit notes.
- Where there are problems with delivery - pro-actively develop & implement solution.
- In cases of supply disruption, maintain customer relationship by open communication and effective support to the customer, and suitable escalation to management.
- Handle customer concerns in relation to the supply, packaging, & quality of parts and escalate in a timely manner if necessary.
- Monitor and report applicable key performance indicators (KPI’s)
- Support Account Managers in the set up of new parts onto current systems
- Comply with any reasonable request from management pertaining to the role.
- Previous automotive supply-chain & planning experience - HIGHLY DESIRABLE
- Production scheduling and supply
- Customer relationship maintenance
- General supply & logistics
- Appropriate quality standards
- MS Office - particularly Access, Excel, Outlook, Word and Sharepoint, SAP, JDE
- Methodical with an eye for detail.
- Well planned & organised
- Self motivated with excellent communication and administration skills.
- Commercial acumen and results driven - able to see the big picture.
- Pro-active and able to confidently talk to internal/external stakeholders.
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.