Our Client is a global first tier automotive company and are looking to add to their already successful supply chain team in their Milton Keynes office.
To be the central point of contact between the Customer, Manufacturer and Logistics (Warehouse). Pro-actively planning and implementing supply and logistics, ensuring that the flow of data and materials between Customer and Manufacturer meets customer demands and in the process minimising cost to Company and maximising customer satisfaction.
• Planning of supply & logistics to meet customer schedules
• Ordering of goods from production sites in time to meet customer requirements
• Control of inventory levels at local location and monitoring of consignment stocks
• Control of deliveries to the customer per customer’s delivery calls
• Escalation of potential supply shortfalls to management
• Implementation of efficiency improvements
• Create/Confirm purchase orders for factories (worldwide).
• Communicate with the customer/factory on any issues.
• Authorise appropriate freight routing & method to meet customer’s requirements within set parameters.
• Define appropriate safety stocks and highlight any stock issues with Account Managers.
• Decisions that will have a significant impact on the budget agreed with the head of logistics.
Operate Planning system and place purchase orders at factory at appropriate time.
• Proactively monitor forward supply plans and highlight potential supply shortfalls in sufficient time to take contingency action.
• Monitor the transport of the ordered goods and inventory at the warehouse.
• Manage inventory levels considering customers needs, consignment stocks, factory performance and budget targets.
• Produce invoices and/or SBI as appropriate, & raises credit / debit notes.
• Comply with any reasonable request from management pertaining to the role.
Knowledge and Experience
MS Office experience
Excel to Intermediate level (minimum)
Previous experience of dealing with customer - both electronically and by phone/skype
Relevant 1-2 years work experience
GCSE’s in Maths and English to Grade C or above
Methodical with an eye for detail.
Well planned & organised
Good communication skills
- Supply Chain
- Manage Inventory