The Supply Chain Co-ordinator will manage the flow of information and process between company and customer from order receipt to delivery.
This opportunity is suitable for bilingual supply chain professionals (English and Italian or English and German), seeking a progressive and fast paced career with a global organisation.
Location - Basingstoke
Salary - up to £23,000
Key responsibilities for the Supply Chain Co-ordinator / Supply Chain Controller -
- Effectively manage PSI for S-VMI vendors and YP which includes;
· Systematic review and update of customer demand and providing it to the vendors on regular weekly basis (tools A-PSI, BPCS)
· Review of delivery / production plan provided by vendors to ensure customer requirement can be met
· Control of inventory levels to ensure achievement of company inventory target
· PO issurance (if needed)
· Effective management of phase in /out parts to satisfy customer needs whilst minimising obsolete inventory risk
· Effective shortage management and proposing solutions to solve daily supply issues with speed
2. Effectively administrate customer account, which includes;
· Price maintenance through effective communication with sales
· Maintenance and update of customer procedures and maintenance of customer website portals
· Processing and analysing credit claims
· Arranging returns and issuing relevant paperwork
· Addressing problems (EDI, BPCS, Lotus Notes) as they occur:
· EDI - demonstrating good knowledge and understanding, releases maintenance : treat and resolve errors
3. Analysis of customer requirements to identify trends and demand variances.
4. Lead vendors to achieve on-time customer delivery.
5. Set up and organise exceptional freight (inland expedited and airfreight) and log as per procedure.
6. Communicate effectively with management, colleagues & vendors.
7. Monitor and improve assigned KPI's : delivery performance, inventory, dead slow moving stock).
8. Deliver the required output on assigned projects and any other reasonably required tasks.
9. Cover for absent colleagues (customer cover, procurement cover).
10. Contribute to company requirements and initiatives (TQM, 5S, QC and development of QMS).
11. Any other related task reasonably required.
Key skills / experience required for the position of Supply Chain Controller / Supply Chain Co-ordinator -
- Proven experience in customer service and supply chain management.
- Works well unsupervised and in a pressured & demanding environment.
- Is confident and has goods level of diplomacy when dealing with clients and colleagues.
- Create a positive work environment - Demonstrate ability to work as part of a team and of own initiative.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literate with IT skills in Excel (including macro's), Word. EDI knowledge would be an advantage.
- Ability to effectively communicate in at least one European language (ideally German or Italian)
Barclay Meade acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Barclay Meade and may assist with processing your application.
- supply chain OR customer service OR logistics