Our client based in Peterborough is recruiting for a Supply Chain Assistant on a fulltime permanent basis. The role is to maintain stock levels in line with sales whilst also monitoring stock levels with regard to cash tied up, and procuring stock and components to meet production requirements. Also maintaining stock records, seeking new suppliers or products as requested from time to time. In addition, co-ordinating the physical progression of stock through the business (goods in/picking/goods out), liaising with logistics partners and co-packers as applicable whilst ensuring all processes adhere to business quality procedures.
- Placing orders for stock in line with sales orders or production schedules, to minimum stock thresholds as directed by production schedules and/or sales patterns.
- Inputting stock details to bring computer data up to date regards stock levels, cost and pack details, to allow every product to be managed on the system.
- Creating and managing stock codes.
- Booking in deliveries/arranging collection from suppliers and updating stock records when deliveries are received.
- Dealing with problem/out dated/damaged stock and claiming credit as applicable.
- Communicating stock issues to the line manager.
- Resolving purchase price discrepancies in liaison with purchase ledger.
- Arranging parcel and pallet despatch (Goods out) with warehouse staff and/or appointed logistics providers.
- Liaising with warehouse staff and/or appointed logistics providers to ensure that space is used efficiently, and that cost of space is managed in line with sales.
- Assisting in the buying function and administering supplier terms as directed by the line manager.
- Researching and sourcing of alternative products and/or suppliers as requested by the Line Manager or Sales Team.
- Carrying out month end stock takes, both physical and computerised, as directed and to report on stock adjustments required accordingly.
- Supporting colleagues/team members in any way required.
- To identify and report non-conforming events and to work with the rest of the team to resolve issues and prevent recurrence.
This is a great opportunity to join a successful growing business. To be considered for this role you will have relevant Supply Chain experience. Interviews to happen ASAP.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'