Supply Chain Assistant
Location: Clevedon, North Somerset
Salary: £18K - £22K, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
We are seeking a Supply Chain Assistant to support the operations team in all aspects of the supply chain.
This position would suit an energetic person who can manage a fast pace environment, ideally someone with experience in this field. We are looking for a confident team player who has the ability to develop creative solutions whilst maintaining a methodical approach to their work.
This is an office based role to provide assistance to the two current Supply Chain Co-ordinators and the Customer Service Manager. Having learned all three roles the Supply Chain Assistant will share one or more of the roles on a daily basis and provide full cover for the other roles as required for holiday periods etc.
Key activities and skills:
Despatch of Goods
- Using the business ERP and PC software to create records, paperwork and labels for the daily despatch of products.
- Liaising with customers by telephone and e-mail to arrange for delivery of products.
- Liaising with transport providers by telephone and e-mail to co-ordinate product collections and resolve delivery issues.
- Liaising with third party manufacturers to ensure the prompt arrival of goods.
Sales Order Processing
- Using the business ERP and PC software to record customer orders and plan production.
- Creation of records, paperwork and labels for production.
- Liaising with customers by telephone and e-mail to resolve any lead-time or pricing issues.
- Working closely with other business functions (Customer Services, Production, Purchasing, Despatch and Technical) to ensure that all customer needs are promptly met.
- Using the business ERP and PC software to record customer requirements for samples, pricing, documentation and technical information.
- Liaising with customers by telephone and e-mail on service queries.
- Working very closely with other business functions (Technical, Planning, Despatch and QC) to ensure that customer queries are promptly resolved.
- Acting a first point of call for all incoming business requests.
- Must have three years office based relevant experience
- A level or equivalent education.
- English and Maths at level C or above.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Engaging and efficient phone manner
- Spreadsheet use and creation
- Ability to work in a busy, open plan office environment
- Ability to work with a high workload but not afraid to speak up in order to share problems and issues and where necessary to ask for help
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
- Supply Chain
- Supply Chain Management