Responsibility of the role:
• The key responsibility of this post will be a continued audit and monitoring of the current forecast against which we buy material and plan production and actual sales.
• You will be a conduit between supply chain and sales, undertaking detailed investigation of trends emerging, questioning significant forecast amendments and providing this data to support conversations with customers.
• In addition to the benefits of using this intelligence for improved management of material stocks, providing opportunities for more efficient production planning and better planning for logistics within supply chain, the position will also provide data to Finance on factors affecting financial planning and cash flow
• This role will also support cost saving projects by desk top searching for new sources, creating tender documents and helping to administrate the process of a supplier review. You will be involved with the negotiating and selection and eventually manage low value spend reviews themselves.
• You will also provide support in terms of project work that requires a large amount of ongoing analysis.
• The post will also cover all basic aspects of the roles in the team so materials, production planning, purchasing support and data analysis.
• You will also be responsible for monitoring of departmental performance to KPI's
Key experience and skills required:
• Ideally with 2 years' experience in a Purchasing/Supply Chain function.
• Ideally holding or currently studying for relevant degree or professional qualification and having a keen interest/experience in a career in Purchasing/Supply Chain.
• Advanced working knowledge of Excel, including vlookups, pivot tables etc
• Ability to manipulate large volumes of data and present the results effectively for the intended recipient.
• Detailed knowledge of the requirements, objectives and challenges of a Supply Chain function and the value it adds to a business.
• Excellent communication skills, ideally with proven influencing skills and experience with negotiation also an advantage.
• Advanced analytical skills and an inquisitive mind to identify patterns and trends in data.
• This post would suit a person looking to further develop their career in Supply Chain.
• The successful candidate would be required to work 37.5 hours per week;
• Working hours would be 8.45am – 5.00pm with 45 minutes for lunch.
• 25 days holiday, plus statutory bank holidays
• Company pension scheme
• Love to Shop scheme
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'